If you need any builds or work from me, NOW is the time!

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by cooljuk, Jan 20, 2018.

1. cooljuk

cooljuk Transducer Producer Premium Member

The new location only adds 5 hours to what would have already been about a 17 hour trip, depending on where in Minnesota you are. Just a drop in the bucket, at that point, right?

We did consider South Dakota, Montana, and Wyoming, which were all a bit closer. Wyoming might be a nice option for later, with the great laws, lack of taxes, and amount of property one can get for the money. Weather, climate, and location beat it out for us, though.

I'm looking forward to having both desert and Alpine climates within a half hour drive. Whatever kind of outdoor fun I want to get into on any given day, I just drive in the appropriate direction.

2. cooljuk

Standing under palm trees and looking at snow capped mountains nearby. Quite an experience!

So far, everything seems really awesome out here. The red and purple rock formations are otherworldly and the sunshine and clean air is amazing.

I've got a great deal of work ahead of me, setting up, and I've got to fly back to pickup my truck. Then I'm driving it out here on a Southern route, through SW Colorado, NE Mexico, the Northern parts of Arizona, and then coming back up into Utah just North of the Grand Canyon. It's going to be a big chilly out, but I'll do some primitive camping along the way if weather isn't too awful. Looking forward to the adventure!

3. cooljuk

I flew back to Colorado Springs from Las Vegas yesterday to pick up my truck. I cleaned up and moved out of my old place last night. This morning, I turned in my keys to the old shop early and hit the road in the snow, and have been on a solo adventure all day!

Now, I'm on a Navajo reservation, somewhere between Durango and Cortez, for the night. I couldn't really do primitive camping here, because they have a campfire ban now, unfortunately, but I'm under the stars cooking some giant pork chops on a gas stove in the back of my truck after watching the sunset. It's awesome! ...just watching out for rattlesnakes and big cats or whatever else might be interested my delicious smelling chops.

I drove through the Spanish Peaks and stopped there for lunch, earlier. I got some amazing photos but the wind was brutal. Then I drove through some rocky cliffs that were basically 200-400 feet of perfectly vertical granite on both sides of the winding and steep road.

I've driven all around Colorado, but this is actually my first time in the far Southwest corner of it. It's amazing out here!

4. Xrun Morzov

Xrun Morzov Senior Member

James, wish you set successfully at your new place!
    Keep up posting!

Curious George likes this.
  5. cooljuk

Thanks!

I'm getting settled in and should be 100% caught up on all orders by COB tomorrow. I've still got a great deal of work to do with building new fixtures and benches and growing things, however.

My solo adventure drive out here with my truck was amazing! I'll have to do a separate pictorial thread about it. Here's a teaser.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Xrun Morzov

Xrun Morzov Senior Member

Yeah, that's what I imagined reading your posts!
    Have you shot photos of these Tarantino-like motels and petrol stations? )

7. cooljuk

I don't think I got any photos of those, but I stayed in a little motel like that in Cortez one night. It was getting real cold that night, there was a campfire ban in the area due to dryness, and I needed a shower. It was an extremely clean and comfortable place, and highly affordable. I imagine far less people have used the room than any hotel in the average city, so everything seemed relatively new and nice inside. The woman working the front desk couldn't have been more welcoming and polite. I think I may have had the whole place to myself, but for one family in another room.

The gas stations - yes, there were some unusual ones. One, I had to wait at for them to open, as I arrived very early in the day. Another, at a Navajo reservation just inside Arizona I think, I was filling up and a native in a large white pickup truck with a big Fender decal (the 3D kind, like would actually be on an amp, but larger) pulls up. I have that kind of luck that, even out in the middle of the desert where you don't see another car for an hour or more sometimes, I strike up a conversation with another guitarist!

8. BlueCajun

BlueCajun Senior Member

Beautiful scenery, James. And congrats on the move!

cooljuk likes this.