If I Were To List One and Only One Thing..

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by frankv, Dec 23, 2017.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

That has changed my enjoyment of playing guitar.. Besides all the great things I have at my fingers tips with AXE FX... Besides all that... It would have to be the recording ability it has afforded me. Without question that has most impacted me.

Here's a little tune I threw together this morning. Really didn't take long while everyone slept. Here it is. It's my Peavey HP Special in Single Coil mode. I could have gated out the single coil hum in some parts but screw it. Too much work.. hahaha

https://app.box.com/s/aoym0bcltg5b29lfu50j6coubj4hs3rx

To be able to do this anytime of the day or night without ever bothering anyone in the house is just mind boggling to me.

Listen to that Peavey HP Special double humbucker guitar play these cleans.. Best kept secret in the guitar world. I sware.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    RichBrew, AmpedUp, ttbit and 9 others like this.
  2. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

Mighty sweet, Frank. You have really given me an appreciation for the benefit of recording one's self.

Merry Christmas, Brother

AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  3. kfowler8

kfowler8 Senior Member

Sounds great Frank. Even on my phone.

cherrysunburst00, AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  4. AllTheSound

AllTheSound Premium Member

Nice job Frank i really dig that!
    Merry Christmas!

cherrysunburst00, AmpedUp and frankv like this.
  5. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Like I say.. The greatest pleasure for me has easily been actually creating music instead of endless noodling with absolutely nothing to show for it.

cherrysunburst00 and AmpedUp like this.
  6. frankv

So how easy is recording with AXE FX or any other recording interface? Here is a backing track I Imported from a copy I had of OCT 2014 Guitar Techniques. Drag the clip into your recording software. FREE if you want from Reaper software. Then open a track and hit the record button. You are now playing over and with the backing track. Gives you're practice session more meaning and something you can actually save to evaluate your playing as you progress months and years from now.

Check out this Cm track I just recorded.
    https://app.box.com/s/dsomqy2rzw5wcs7iid4er5ellwnhb3n0

cherrysunburst00, AmpedUp and ttbit like this.
  7. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

SWEET, Frank.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and all Forum Brothers/Sisters who read this.

cherry

frankv and AmpedUp like this.