[Identify] MIJ/MIK Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Gibson headstock no serial)

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by Fuzzdoom, Oct 27, 2016.

1. GitFiddle

GitFiddle Premium Member

I had to do the same thing with my control cavity, when I put in some decent pots and wiring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2017
  2. Fuzzdoom

Fuzzdoom Junior Member

Those stock pots look so flimsy lol. I first thought my cavity maybe had a ****ty routing but seeing your pictures i guess it was that small on purpose.

3. GitFiddle

GitFiddle Premium Member

Oh yeah, Welcome to MLP. :thumb:

Back in the late 80s I was gigging with Strats. Always wanted an LP but couldn't justify the price. One day I was in the music store to pick up some strings. On the way out I saw this hanging with the LPs for a third of the price. I had to stop and investigate. Ended up taking it home.

Played it at a local gig that night. I really love the feel of the neck. Halfway through the night, one of the volume knobs spun off, hit the dance floor and cracked in half. Later the same night the other volume knob spun off also, but landed on the carpeted stage. I didn't let that stop me and just kept gigging with it.

Over time the switch and knobs started crackling, the bridge started turning green from corrosion. It ended up in it's case in the closet for quite some time.

After a 10 year hiatus, I started gigging again and got me some LPs. After getting a 99 R7 and joining MLP, I discovered the joy of modding your guitar. :applause:

I dug the ole Epi out of the closet and went to town on it. With some quality hardware and a little TLC this thing is a gigging beast.

Good luck and enjoy that beauty of yours. :thumb: