Ibanez TSA5TVR combo review? Any good?

Discussion in 'The Squawk Box' started by irocdave12, Jul 17, 2017.

1. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

I've been collecting small combo amps lately just for fun and to have a variety to play with. Got tired of tube rolling for the time being and stepped up to amp rolling. Regarding the Ibanez anybody got one and like it or have good to say? I think it's one of coolest looking budget minded amps made recently. Problem is it made by Ibanez :wow: Can they make a decent amp? The build style sounds promising and with built in tube screamer and headphone jack it's pretty neat. Problem is in my research I've found people saying its a POS and people saying its good. There are positive gear reviews on YouTube by the usual guys that do those videos so I don't know if they are promoting the amps for their own reasons or if their kind words can be trusted. The people saying it sucks are customer reviews on big box stores and might be some teenager who just got it as first tube amp and doesn't know how to use one properly and is bummed it's not like his solid state Marshall. Enough blah blah from me ...is it worth trying I'd like to hear from someone here that knows amps well enough that can give an assessment

2. RobV

RobV Senior Member

I haven't tried that exact model but I really like my TSA15 head a lot. I don't use the built in TS circuit. You can shut that section off on my head.
    I paid $175 for the head and would again all day if I needed a clean platform Fender style head. I honestly wouldn't pay new price for a 5w combo when you can get the 15w with Attenuator to 7w & FX Loop for basically the same price and a lot less used.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  3. RobV

RobV Senior Member

Actually now you got my interest peaked with it's built in reverb & heahphone jack! I like my TSA head and if I found the right deal on 1 of these I probably wouldn't hesitate to pick one up.

irocdave12 likes this.
  4. irocdave12

irocdave12 Senior Member

I didn't see that review you posted. My gawd that les paul tone he had was to die for. That might have just convinced me. Didn't know it was a true spring reverb either. Seems like a killer little amp by all respects

5. dmvksv

dmvksv Senior Member

I've also got a TS15 head and it's a fantastic amp. Fantastic cleans and loves pedals. So to answer your question, yes, Ibanez can make a decent amp.

6. lung plunger

lung plunger Senior Member

The little wooden legs make it the perfect living room amp. Would look cool with our tapestries and beaded curtains.

Almost all 5watters sound cool, cus you can dime the volume.