Ibanez AF55 Artcore

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Alligatorbling, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Stinky Kitty

Stinky Kitty Senior Member

That's a great deal!

2. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

Bling,

I researched Ibanez AF series hollow body guitars a couple of years back. It seems that they all have low output humbuckers. Also, they all have very thin necks that work well for players with smaller hands and not so well for players with large hands. So it is important to play one before buying.

3. artis_xe

artis_xe Christopher

the pickups are less than desirable . I have an AFS75T __ that also has the Ibanez version of a Bigsby . that is also very wonky

great sounding guitar . but I'm putting one of the Bare Knuckles P90s versions in the neck position , and replacing the trem with a tailpiece . also a rosewood bridge , and it will be awesome !

IMG_20180304_222436677.jpg

4. Dolebludger

Dolebludger Premium Member

Yes, but there are other solutions to get "your tone" out of an Ibanez AF full hollow body. If your amp has a gain and master (which it should) turn up the gain a little. If you have a clean boost pedal, use it a little. Low output humbuckers are made for jazzers, as are Ibanez AF full hollow bodies. My advice is if you don't want to play jazz (or try to do so like me) don't buy one! Buy a semi-hollow body instead. If you listen to jazz guitarists, you will find their tone rather muted and lacking in sustain. If you don't want that tone, you might be fighting a losing battle with an AF.