I was just thinking. Very Sad News

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by HeartString, Jun 9, 2014.

1. lǎo​wài

lǎo​wài It's All About the Maos Premium Member

The NRA once supported gun control - Salon.com

So don't read it then. It was a lot of words, so I'll distill it for you all...

Why would the NRA of the past want to infringe on feedumb.

This is the NRA

NRA today is nothing more than a lobby... A lobby with a huge following of rubes, and a loud voice in Washington.

2. LowThudd

LowThudd Senior Member

Oh, I read it. It is just ONE article with vague, unsubstantiated statements without sources listed. It is completely without any sourceable facts.

3. SteveGangi

SteveGangi V.I.P. Member

You beat me to it. Easy unsuspecting targets of opportunity.

4. LowThudd

LowThudd Senior Member

And also, the statement made was about carrying firearms in public, not controling whether a person can own a gun or not.

5. LowThudd

LowThudd Senior Member

Please allow me to restate myself. I won't edit out what I previously posted. In the 20-30s, Fully automatic "MAchine Guns" were legal, and readily available as surplus. There were issues with these guns getting into the hands of bootleggers and gangsters, so the law was changed to make it illegal for a person to own a Machine gun with out the Gov't permission.

And concealed carry PERMITS are also not gun control. The gun control laws we have currently are very vague, and are more about the look of a gun, not it's function.

For instance clintons 'Crime Bill' did not ban guns, it banned flash hiders and bayonette lugs. It was a scam, and it accomplished a massive increase in "assault weapon" sales to this day due to the hysteria.

6. SteveGangi

SteveGangi V.I.P. Member

Are you saying we should forcibly close all borders? Are you saying we should stop deporting illegals and start tossing artillery and tanks at them? Are you saying we should delcare Martial Law? Suspension of the Constitution? Or just invade Mexico?

Or maybe just wipe out the Supreme Court on charges of high treason?

Clarify.

7. KP

KP Senior Member

That statement proves once again that you do not know jack shit. We all know you want all guns banned. Luckily there are others who have a brain who think differently.

1 person likes this.
  8. artisan4

artisan4 Senior Member

I hope they can be banned. We'll see what 2014 and 2016 bring.

9. artisan4

artisan4 Senior Member

I didn't say any of that.

I'm saying vote for pro-gun reform candidates. SCOTUS won't change until Clinton or another president has an opportunity to change the makeup of the court, but if/when that happens perhaps they'll interpret the 2nd Amendment differently, or expand on the idea that it isn't unlimited. Hell, repeal it.

10. LowThudd

LowThudd Senior Member

Maybe a New Hitler will arise and you can vote for him. That was one of the first actions of the Nazi party. Grab the guns, then the books and then people.:shock:

Are you aware of the FACT that less than 1% of the guns used in crime are in fact the high capacity "assault weapons" you are reacting to? None of which were used in the incident we are discussing.

1 person likes this.
  11. LowThudd

LowThudd Senior Member

Again, Clinton's Crime bill did not ban guns, it banned Flash Hiders and Bayonet lugs. AND actually INCREASED the popularity of the so called "assault Weapons" by two fold. That is all...

12. artisan4

artisan4 Senior Member

President Hillary Clinton

13. LowThudd

LowThudd Senior Member

Same difference. lol

14. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Many States are banning large capacity magazines. In NY, I think 7 is the max.

As far as banning firearms in the USA.....Jefferson and those other stupid guys (I'm being facetious) that were the ones writing the laws to protect CITIZENS, knew where it can go without them.

The MAIN reason they wanted us to be armed is because if the Government goes sideways, the States can use National Guard and Citizens to fight for our rights. More-so than for protecting ourselves with daily crimes. NEVER throw that away! The Governers that run their National Guard have been stripped of the power superseding the Federal Government recently (taking down the Constitution systematically). IMO, there's no such thing as a coincidence.

IMO, if guns are banned, it will be just another PROFIT CENTER for Mexican Cartels. They exploit every one. They'd exploit this as well. And if the criminals that know no other way of life stole the guitars from those that voted for the ban (as it should be), they'd take the money they got for said guitars and buy guns (cash profit center for unscrupulous Americans as well).

Then the USA would be their Oyster, and if you thought losing your guitars was bad........ How could you stop them? And if you had a gun and shot back, YOU'd go to jail.

Me, I'll work with the odds as they are.

But turn off the dumbing down TV and Media in general. It's rare that they play shows where the good always rises to the top (reinforcing what made America great), like when I was a kid. Now, the spoon feeding is always shows where people get what they want the easy way and for all the wrong reasons. All the Media in the USA is owned by VERY few conglomerates (silos) and they work together on this front. Again... No coincidence.

But that's another 100 page thread.

Better get Archery training from Cagnes. Before we become like District 13 (and then 12), because the best way to protect ourselves has been given away!

15. KSG_Standard

KSG_Standard Senior Member

16. Ozzy Mandeus

Ozzy Mandeus Senior Member

17. tag2

tag2 Senior Member

The 2nd Ammendment can be interpreted, changed and repealed, but it changes nothing. The 2nd Ammendment is one of the only Ammendments that do not give a right. It affirms that we as Americans are born with the God given right to keep and bear arms. Repeal it and we still have the right. The government may then try to infringe, but good luck with that. Without firearms, America would not have come to be.

Mass murders have been happening for thousands of years, before guns were invented. Evil men will always commit evil acts using whatever devices they can dream up. That is a historical fact.

18. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

I'm not getting the ambiguous nature of what's being lobbed over the fence.

Got something to say, Please SAY IT! This thread doesn't need anything else that can be open to misinterpretation.

1 person likes this.
  19. artisan4

artisan4 Senior Member

The threat to the country is clearly the right-wing militias and gun assailants, as well as the NRA and gun manufacturers who feed them, and not the government.

20. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Oh Yes, they are there too......

BUT, They aren't the ones disassembling the Constitution using myopic emotional incidents to further their agenda with over reacting people that don't want to see the bigger picture. Lazy ones that would rather watch the Kardashians than pay attention to where things look to be heading because it isn't convenient and disrupts that lifestyle. If I choose to not see anything, I don't have to do anything about it.

There are a lot of facets to this very ugly gem.

The best part is you are entitled to believe whatever you want. And so am I.

But America is a Republic. END of story. And the GOD given rights GUARANTEED by our Constitution have NOTHING to do with Democracy or voting.

So please, don't ever ask me to forfeit my rights as an American or try to convince me otherwise.

And if one of us has to be wrong, I'd love it to be me. But only after all has played out and our present trajectory is completely rerouted.

Then we'll meet and I'll buy you a nice dinner and say you were right!

But I'd hate to think about if you got your way and you weren't! So here I stand.

Capish?

2 people like this.