I think I've found "my" PUs

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by Mr Bones, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Mr Bones

Mr Bones V.I.P. Member

I've got a set of WCR darkbursts, and in the two guitars I've put them in, they make the guitar really special. By "my" pickups i mean i think Ive found the pickups that sound and respond in the way I like my guitars to sound and respond. They are very full and woody sounding with a nice swell to the notes. But what has really blown me away with these is how they sound for slide. The get such a fat full slide sound that still maintains the definition of each note in the way the great pedal and lap players like aubrey ghent get. Even when they are getting dirty, they maintatain the note clarity of cleaner tones. I can't see myself putting anything else in my guitars from now on. Thanks WCR.

2. VictorB

VictorB Formerly LZF Super Mod

I agree 100%. I've tried so many different pickups over the years, Gibson, SD's, Dimarzio... others I can't even remember! I called WCR and told him what I was looking for, and he suggested Darkbursts. He was right on, they're exactly what I've been hearing in my head! (Besides the voices)

My pickup search is over!

3. PoorMan

PoorMan Senior Member

Cool! Man I've been there. I've tried almost everything too (but not WCRs--although I should). When you find something you really like it's a great thing.