I Pulled the Trigger on My "Holy Grail" Guitar

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by acstorfer, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

FIFY :D

I know you`ve been waiting a long time for that one, so it might actually be "the one", time will tell ;)

acstorfer likes this.
  2. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Congratulations!!!!

Perfect Storm is right! Looks to be in really nice shape too! BCR (USA Bernie era) are outstanding guitars.

I have it's cousin. A 1980 BCR Eagle. All original and LOVE it! Never to be sold while I'm alive!

Just know that Neal Moser (worked for Bernie at BCR in their heyday) is still available to do any maintenance or replacement of parts. He is a great guy and his wife Earleen is an absolute sweetheart. (she'll answer the phone)

Best of luck and play the HELL out of it!

DEMO< DEMO< DEMO< DEMO! (video of course) LOL

acstorfer likes this.
  3. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

I worked with Neal and Earleen last year on an Eagle project I had ruined by the usps. Awesome people to be sure!

Please feel free to show your Eagle.

4. E1WOOD5150

E1WOOD5150 Purveyor of Joke Grenades

I keep gawking at your Mockingbird with envy. The longhorns are the ones to have, since they were American made. But...ANY handmade B C Rich is a joy to play and look at. Your comment about how comfortable they are is where the secret society comes in; they are more comfortable than any other guitar I've ever played, moreso than even a Strat.

Welcome to the club. Again! :cheers2: How does it sound and play?
    DSCN1918.JPG

(Just a picture to compete a little. :naughty:)

acstorfer likes this.
  5. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

If anything short horns are more collectible. Whether it was BCR North or BCR South it was the same people making them with the same materials.

How does it sound and play? AWESOME!!!!!

E1WOOD5150 likes this.
  6. E1WOOD5150

I agree with you about BCR North and BCR South, but the longhorns look better, IMO. But I am not going to argue with you about which is more collectible. You and I probably want one of each, and cover all our bases.

[/QUOTE]How does it sound and play? AWESOME!!!!![/QUOTE]

I knew it would!

acstorfer likes this.
  7. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

First... congratulations on this beautiful axe !

Second... please don't start a thread that you are done with guitars because you will never do :laugh2:

acstorfer likes this.
  8. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

I don't know about that one. Seriously, it's the "one" guitar I've wanted for decades.

9. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

TBH I just never thought I'd be able to afford this guitar so I kinda gave up on it. Right now I only want my acoustic, my JEM 77FP, and my Mockingbird :)

Mockbel likes this.
  10. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

OK.. see you next week or the week after when you are GASing again for another electric :)

Congratulations again for the beautiful guitar you got !

acstorfer likes this.
  11. E1WOOD5150

Nah, he's gonna get the itch for a big ol' bruiser of an amp, next. Neighbors be damned, he's gonna get the urge to hear the Mockingbird at full song. Nothing less than 50 watts will do!

acstorfer and Mockbel like this.
  12. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

Oh hell, if I thought I could get away with it I would already have a 100 watt full stack Marshall!

13. E1WOOD5150

Hear me out...

Get one. Go get it from your local music store. Go get it on a Saturday afternoon, and make sure you get the casters on the cabinets. Wheel those cabinets in individually, about 4 pm. Make sure they all see you wheel them in. Hook the whole thing up, and crank the hell out of it, for exactly 1 minute. Then keep the volume at a moderate level for the next week. The following Saturday, run it wide open again, for one minute, then go back to moderate volume. Repeat as needed.

At this point, you have dominion over your neighbors. They act up, you crank up. Someone takes your parking space? Crank it up! The maintenance man hasn't been there to change your filters? Keep it at a moderate volume! (Don't poke the bear!) Neighbors stomp around above you? Crank it! Kids steal your Halloween decorations? Crank it!

acstorfer likes this.
  14. E1WOOD5150

I just read my previous post...

I think I have a couple issues to work on.

acstorfer likes this.
  15. acstorfer

acstorfer Senior Member

I'm already building captain. That is more "dominion" than I ever wanted.

My building is mostly filled with very old people. There's a few in their 20's, one other my age, and the rest I would describe as soon to be antiques. The people my age and younger wouldn't care, and the others are mostly deaf :thumb:

E1WOOD5150 likes this.
  16. moreles

moreles Senior Member

Those guitars are one of the truly rare instances of a pretty extreme design being organic ad aesthetically pleasing -- beautiful, not just wacky -- and completely functional as well. Every feature was thought out and purposeful, and they're built to a high standard of materials and workmanship. I think they never because really big simply because the don't fit in the Strat/LP mold, and they are so assertively eye-catching that they can be a bit intimidating if your chops don't live up to the appearance. Glad you found yours! The world will not see its like again.

E1WOOD5150 and acstorfer like this.