I just blew out my knee.........................

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Caretaker, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Caretaker

Caretaker Senior Member

At least I have a guitar arriving tomorrow so I`ll have a new toy.
    Well, old toy. It went out for refin.

2. Caretaker

Caretaker Senior Member

Well at least I have a guitar arriving tomorrow. I`ll have something new to play with. Well old, it went out for a refin.

3. hazmat7719

hazmat7719 Premium Member

I feel for you, about three years ago I heard the pop. I tore cartilage.

4. Caretaker

Caretaker Senior Member

If anyone is interested in my new(old refin) guitar Jim(Mr Beef) posted a pic in his refin thread.
    I`ll have it tomorrow.

5. bad565ss

bad565ss Senior Member

I tore my meniscus a few years ago. My right knee became a one way hinge. It made an audible pop with every step. I left a good portion of it on the table. Will eventually need a replacement.

6. bungle

bungle Senior Member

That sucks. Hope it all heals up for you.

7. meatball

meatball Senior Member

That is what you did ,,, you tore the meniscus ....it’s going to get worse ,,, trust me ,,,, you want to take care of it ,, I now have TWO fake knees ,,, it started with ,,,,a POP ,,,,

thatF-INGflyingVguy likes this.
  8. Sct13

Sct13 Gold Supporter Premium Member

Don't get me started on knees....All the advice on here is accurate and appropriate, I still use a cane on long walks just for support in case the right one feels funny.

You need to get seen, go through the rigamoroe of an X-ray...(which will tell you nothing of soft tissue involvement) but it will tell you about arthritis and maybe spurring.

An MRI is the Only sure imaging exam that will tell you what's happened.

No Weight bearing will go on for 3 to 5 days (maybe longer if your heavy) The key is KEEP THE SWELLING DOWN....The bursa are sacs that keep a fluid between them for lubrication of the joints.
    (its like sandwich baggies with oil between the membranes and they slide back and forth on each other, they encase all joints. When injury occurs these sacs can fill up with extra synovial fluid and cause "Water on the knee" or an Effusion which I am sure you have now...

The thing about this is the swelling, when it gets bad it will de -stabilize the joint somewhat because it acts like it pushes the whole joint apart. allowing for extra movement that's not supposed to be there.

In a Torn Meniscus (the pads between the femur and the tib-fib can have a flap that moves around and acts like you put a wedge in a door jam. Try it in a real door and see how it affects the door. So when you swollen and there is all that room in there, its unstable and a flap of cartilage or meniscus can get in there and keep the joint from moving properly and causing more difficulty.

I still didn't get into the Anterior Cuciate and posterior Cuciate ligaments ACL and PCL (if its one of those the knee joint can loose all stability) bad.....very bad....

The medial and lateral collateral ligaments are also suspect ....You need an MRI