I got my Marshall Code 25 today.

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by DavidRamey, Jul 7, 2016.

1. frankv

frankv What Are You Waiting For? Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Well, one thumbs up deserves another. :thumb:

2. tolm

tolm Bigsby Junkie Premium Member

I think Orange nailed the "modern solid state amp" approach much better with their Crush Pro series. No modelling, just "what if we built our usual tube circuit but using SS components instead?" - thus creating their signature tone but without valves. Sure, they can't do 30,000 amp impressions mediocrely but they do one Orange impression pretty darn well. And they're properly built to gig too - if you get the larger models.

3. grayd8

grayd8 Senior Member

Bluetooth operates in the same frequency spectrum as wifi 2.4 Ghz, that could be the source of the interference.

4. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

Actually they lost 4 sales.....

I played thru a Code 25 today.....:noway:

5. TheX

TheX Voice of Reason

I have never looked back after I returned my Code.

6. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Woulda, shoulda, coulda

Goes down as the marketing blunder of 2015/2016 in my book.
    The worst part of it to me is the embarrassment associated with falling for the hype.
    I was desperate to be impressed.

The thing that gets me is it was close. They almost had it. I felt like they took some lessons from mustang and made it a little more user friendly. It had a nice look and a nice feel. There were some decent tones in there. They just didn't quite get there though. It's a shame. They invested the money. The commonly complained flaws in the mustang gave them a free road map of what not to do, yet some of those were ignored. I don't think it would have cost them any more money or much more time to get it right. If they had, home run. Epic corporate fail in my opinion.

7. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Anyone picked up one of these recently? Just wish drink if there was a. Miraculous firmware update that made them worthwhile?

8. frankv

It seems to have just disappeared from the discussion. Marshall can't be happy about that.

9. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Unless it's still ****. In which case maybe it's for the best. :laugh2:

10. frankv

I think the problem with the CODE is not the amp. It was the expectations of what it might be.

When you look at the cost you soon realize that the code in most varations was nothing more then an entry level modeler in the vein of the Fender Mustang. It is just that the Mustang has a much more solid community and platform that the CODE looks like it missed the train.

11. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Thanks. I shall dig around for more details on the Mustang II.

12. Sournote

Sournote Senior Member

I was excited about the Code's coming out, but the initial reports gave me pause, and as my situation continued to evolve my perceived need for a portable combo amp evaporated.

I went the POD route instead going direct through my desktop or to the PA and am reasonably pleased with it. It does not duplicate the sound and feel of playing a tube amp for me (YMMV) but I do find it an inspiring tool for practice/learning with potential for playing live, hauling less gear and delivering tone that I am satisfied with.

So while I can be counted among the converted (mostly), having to "download updates" and "install the latest firmware" on my guitar gear will ALWAYS make me want to wretch and blasting a D powerchord through a cranked tube amp will likely ALWAYS make me smile.

13. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Skip the II, get the III
    Well worth the difference