I got back my " Magic Strat"

Discussion in 'Fender' started by lp59aholicDon, Oct 26, 2007.

1. lp59aholicDon

lp59aholicDon V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Welp I* got in a cash crunch this week, I went down to my buddies and wangled a deal and got my 87 Squire 62 type Strat back, Its off white faded out to cream, nicks and dings all over but the tone is sooooooo vintage Fender Pre CBS, and when I crank it, It sings and you can feel string vibes all thru the body and neck . When I first got it, scored at a pawnshop for a ridiculilous low price, it needed some new parts and TLC, but I could tell the vibe right off. I will be a Les Paul a holic forever , but as Coldsteal said in another post, there are some tones you just can't pull out of a Les Paul, No matter how you wire it and try :thumb::thumb::slash::slash:

2. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

Man thats great!! Thats the same one we talked about before aint it!!:applause:

3. lp59aholicDon

It would indeed be the very same, Thing is far better than the three previous American Standards, and 75 Hard tail I have had previously . thinking though it may get some noiseless down the road :h5::h5::h5:

4. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

noiseless,hhmmm...when I went and seen Pink F.,Dave had a set of those solid white buggers and his TONE 'bout brought tears to my eyes,know what I mean?

5. lp59aholicDon

He uses EMG's with a pre amp, EMG has been making the David Gilmore Signature series a few years , The thing I dont like with that, is they put em on a white pearloid pickguard I aint THAT Country, I have tried the Fender Noiseless on a few guitars and they sounded great, no dead spots in 2 and four spot either

6. tarddoggy

tarddoggy V.I.P. Member

Fender noiseless.....seems funny saying that together!:rofl:
    I always kinda dug that hum,the only time it bothered me was at home: ina very crowded club,I would dime the volume and that HUM would lemme know everything was OK:naughty::rofl::rofl:

7. lp59aholicDon

Having started out with Les Pauls thru Fender Pre CBS, I got some hum and noise from the amp, With a Strat though it sorta hit intoleration point with me I do gotta say the noiseless do sound better hard over driven where my Jap vintage pickups sound better going clean , I just gotta remeber to turn down when facing the amp

8. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

The fender noiseless pickups are mearly stacked
    pickups like Duncan has been selling for many years
    My Fender Hot Noisless pickups are alot taller when you
    compare them to regular pickups

9. lp59aholicDon

well they sounded both great and even in the Jeff Beck I recently played, Wondering if I should try em in "Suzi Creamcheese" Thats the name I gave this guitar

10. tiedstick

tiedstick V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I cannot exactly contribute to this thread based on my knowledge of the subject, but I will say Gilmour's tone, no matter how tweaked, sends chills down my spine. That tone is straight from heaven.:eek2:

11. lp59aholicDon

YEah I have always dug his tones Thought about the EMG's DG set for a Strat, right now they'd cost more than I paid for My Squire, Suzi Creamcheese ! Have to find a good Am Std, with a 22 fret neck though I thinks, Just happy to have this baby back again

12. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

My song "Gulf Bluz" im using Fender Hot Noisless
    they really sound nice and glassy clean and when overdriven
    are even better.

Made really well and pretty heafty, i like the logo and antique cream color of them
    Has a really fat magnet inbetween the coils also
    [​IMG]