I don't know that much about LP Classics...

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by Leotis, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Leotis

Leotis Senior Member

2. rockstar232007

rockstar232007 Senior Member

Only issue I see, is the price, which is about a grand too high.

3. Leotis

Leotis Senior Member

Like I said, I'm not that knowledgeable about the Classics, but I was under the impression they were discontinued before '08, that the Classic + had figured tops and also didn't have the "1960" engraved pickguards. The rest is unproveable, but if that level of corrosion on the bridge and hardware is from someone's "sweat" then they need to see a doctor... :D That thing looks like it's had prolonged exposure to a saltwater environment.

4. guitarjoem

guitarjoem Senior Member

This fo sho!!

5. rockstar232007

rockstar232007 Senior Member

The Classic as we know it was discontinued in '08. Then, it was re-introduced as the "Traditional 1960" (which was basically a regular Classic, but with different pickups; a pair of '57 Classics) from '10-'14. Then, RE-re-introduced AGAIN as the "Classic" in '15, doing away with the normal 2/vol/2tone controls, and substituting a mini-toggle for one of the tone pots. Not to mention the G-Force, zero-fret nut, etc. In other words, it wasn't very "Classic".

That being said, the original Classics were/are about the best USA-production LPs around. I've played more than a few of them, from various years, and have yet to play a "bad" one. In fact, my '01 (see avatar) is by far one of the best LPs I've ever played, and that includes more than a few vintage models.

6. uncajoey

uncajoey Senior Member

There is also absolutely nothing 'Plus" about it. That thing is a plain Classic, pure and simple, and after being in someone's humid garage or basement for a good long time. It ain't worth much IMO.

7. bulletproof

bulletproof aka tarddoggy Premium Member V.I.P. Member

+1