How to share Reaper files

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Pop1655, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I have completed a set of 10 songs in Reaper files I want to compile and share with family/friends in some format they can listen to.
    All have iphones and that is probably their preferred method of accessing.
    Listening in their cars from their iphone is probably going to be their preferred listening method.
    Doing CD's would work for some, not all.
    My wife walks and listens to set lists on her iphone while walking. I'd like something that would work for that if possible.

I have absolutely no clue how to put this in a form I can share.

Any help appreciated.

As always with me, please speak slowly, enunciate and use small words when possible. :thumb:

2. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

If CD's end up being the simplest way to do this, that's probably fine.
    Please note that my CD burner is not on the same computer as the Reaper files.
    I'll need to know how to get files from computer A to computer B.

Thanks

3. DotStudio

DotStudio Senior Member

I believe you can export them as mp3's and then share them on something like Google Drive where people can download them. Soundcloud is nice to share songs, but if you want to let them all "own" the songs, I would use a file sharing site like Google Drive.

4. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Did you not watch the Videos I sent on how to "Render" to whatever format you'd like? (MP3, .wav, CD, etc.) You'll also notice YT recommends other Reaper videos when viewing the ones I sent. Probably a good idea to watch others related to your desired result. And other results too. You'll keep expanding what you'd like to do next.

All the music you Record/Mix in Reaper is in Reaper and you need to learn how to use it to get it out of Reaper. It's that simple. There are no short cuts. Reaper is VERY easy to use, it's more intuitive than many of the other DAW's and there's a HUGE amount of FREE videos to help you learn anything it can do. That's YOUR homework. The only thing in your way is...... YOU! Suck it up and do what you need to do. There's always speed bumps in between our goals and the final result. It's part of the ritual.

If you render to a .wav file, it will retain the high quality you'd like and then you can copy the file(s) to a USB stick and import it to any PC you'd like. Most .wav files are too big to email. Once in another PC, you can make CDs.

If you render to a MP3, follow the steps outlined in the video I sent on how to download the added software needed to make MP3s.

MP3's can be emailed.

Good luck!

5. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I watched. I rendered. I saved wav.
    I click on the wave file and media player says its not saved in a readable format.

That was right before I quit to unpack my brand new toast out of the box subwoofer for my monitor set up.

I think I'm selling everything, getting a good acoustic and going back to campfires! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

6. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

You have many blessings in life. This ain't one of them! LOL. No quitting. Campfires are for marshmallows. LOL

If you set your .wav files at too high a quality, many players can't play that quality and hence your result. Try it again and go plain .wav file. (16 bit and 44.1K 0r 44100) See below

[​IMG]

7. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

.....or pictures!!!!! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:
    Should have thought to mention pictures! :applause:

The 16 bit was the problem.

I just listened to myself in my truck! :thumb:

8. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Toasted Sub Woofer? Sounds like that didn't make your day.

Hopefully, that will get sorted out fast. DAW's don't use (expensive) tape. More money for more guitars! :thumb:

Play well or your friends and family are going to hate me. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

9. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Update on that you need to check out coming soon over in modeling.

10. dmoss74

dmoss74 Senior Member

this. and your best bet is to render at 1x offline speed. especially if you've got any vst instruments, automation, etc. i always render my files to wav, then use either wavelab or soundforge to master them, and from there rip them as mp3s (192 vbr) via foobar, for files to share. i don't believe reaper has a version of lame built in (i forgot), so you may need to grab you a free copy of that codec/encoder.

11. kmasters68

kmasters68 Premium Member

yep, good advice. You can render to MP3 format too