How much of a coffee nut are you?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Pleximan, Oct 3, 2017.

1. redjunior

redjunior Senior Member

Really strong coffee, not flavored. But I wish I could get my hands on some turbine oil and hydraulic fluid, then it would have that engineering space kick I remember.......... And the blue and gold shine.....

2. BlankinLoud

BlankinLoud Senior Member

This is my coffee mug.

[​IMG]

3. Byron999

Byron999 Senior Member

My wife and I each drink one strong cup/mug in the morning. And we split a mug in the mid afternoon.

We prefer a blend of 50/50 - French Roast / Columbian

But what is a cup/mug? Our coffee mugs hold 16 fluid oz

Our recipe is 1/2 cup beans, per 16 oz of water.

We use those big #4 militia filters, and use only one per cup, one cup at a time.

I use Half&half, the wife uses heavy cream w/honey.

mdubya likes this.
  4. Greco

Greco Senior Member

I used my espresso machine so much that it broke. So until I get a new one, I usually have a black plunger coffee in the morning. Sometimes two. Then I get to work and give the espresso machine here a friendly hug. He keeps me going. I drink it short and black with nothing added. I'd not call myself a connoisseur by any means, but I am a hopeless addict! I find I get a buzz, I drink it all day, but I'd say it doesn't effect me that much even if I drink coffee late in the evening. Other people are quite horrified and tell me how they have to be hospitalised if they drink it past 10am.. Lightweights!

Malikon and Pleximan like this.
  5. Pleximan

Pleximan Premium Member

I've had the pleasure to try dozens of blends and roasts over the years. In the summer; if you can find it. Casi Cielo single origin makes the best cold brew. 2/1 ratio of water to grounds. It makes cold brew tasting of dark chocolate. Starbucks house blend is another favorite all around coffee. One line makes on of my favorite espressos other than real Jamaican blue. If you ever get an authentic Italian Espresso or cappuccino enjoy it; it's one of life's best indulgences.

6. mdubya

mdubya Senior Member

Looks yummy. :drool::beer::420:

Malikon likes this.
  7. cherrysunburst00

cherrysunburst00 Senior Member

Zero. Never drank the stuff.

MY caffeine fix comes from Diet Mountain Dew. LOVE the stuff, but i can't drink it much past 3 oclck or so, otherwise i'll be too wound up to sleep.

8. QuicksilverSS

QuicksilverSS Senior Member

Not much at all. The few time per month that I drink coffee is not what most people call coffee.
    International Blends powered, flavored stuff. Swiss Mocha, French Vanilla etc. Just add HOT water and some sugar. Maybe a dozen times / year.
    I drink lots of water.

And Vodka / Cranberry....

9. NJDevil

NJDevil Senior Member

I like a good cup of quality black coffee.

winexprt and Harmony like this.
  10. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

My day starts with 3 Strong Shots ex our Office Coffee Machine + Wholemilk in a Mug.

I repeat that about an hour or so later.

This would equate to a total of ~ 600 - 700mg of Caffeine I would think at 100mg / Shot.

Sometimes I have one Shot with a dash of Milk in the afternoon but not that often.

In the last two days I think I have had about 2,000mg / day of Caffeine due to some formulating work I am doing which involves a fair amount of tasting.

So in a nutshell I like Coffee but I don’t drink instant or US style.

[​IMG]
    :cheers2:

rcole_sooner and mdubya like this.
  11. Malikon

Malikon Skreeeeee-ONK! V.I.P. Member

12. I Break Things

I Break Things Senior Member

Between panic disorder, PTSD, and GAD, I won't touch any caffeine whatsoever... I miss coffee...

mtgguitar likes this.
  13. mtgguitar

mtgguitar Silver Supporter

I have one in the morning, against doctors orders. I had a Starbucks the other day but only drank a 1/4 cup, I thought I was going to have a stroke.

I'm not a connoisseur, I drink Folgers singles. I dump it in and try not to hit my taste buds.

[​IMG]

14. ramaglia375

ramaglia375 Premium Member

Love it.
    2-5 cups per day. Black.

No foo foo stuff added ;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  15. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Love it! Life can't/doesn't start without it every day. My last vice and it's wicked powerful.

Years ago, I had this Dominican GF and when we went to her mother's apartment, her grandmother made us Cafecito. Usually Cafe Bustelo (it used to be a Colombian Arabica Bean espresso type, but now most likely a blend), half very strong, some sugar and the other half, boiled milk. Makes cappuccino seem like a breakfast drink for kids.

I have gotten more selective over the years. We only do Organic beans that were recently roasted and grind them at the store and use all of it in a week. Now it's time for a Technivorm Moccamaster to make sure we're not leaving any flavor on the table (actually in the grounds really) But ya know what I mean.

Coffee is truly the life giving sacred fluid in my world. :hyper:

16. Scooter2112

Scooter2112 Senior Member

Coffee. My favorite beverage of all time.

Doesn't give me any kick, but I will get a horrendous headache by about 1pm if I don't have any by then.

I usually have Italian/French roast (dark) or a Hawaiian blend with an ounce or two of Baileys as creamer/sweetener. I go through a full bottle of Baileys in about a week and have anywhere from 5-8 cups per day.

17. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

I never drank coffee until I was 19. After 10 year stint ravaging energy drinks I stopped cold turkey. Started on coffee again. McDonalds McCafe with 2 cream, 3 sugar and with a large Diet coke. It's a wierd combo but it is a great start to the morning. The US McD's coffee was absolutely horrid and undrinkable. I have never NOT finished a coffee until
    I drank that.

18. Zungle

Zungle Senior Member

Love hot coffee or Americana ......

No foo-foo....

ramaglia375 likes this.
  19. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

Coffee is a guilty pleasure of mine but I try hard not to overdo it. I have an addictive personality and sometimes I go overboard with it. It makes me way more focused and productive in just about everything I do, including music.

mtgguitar likes this.
  20. DADGAD

DADGAD Senior Member

I don't know how anyone drinks black coffee.................pretty gross.

ramaglia375 likes this.