Home of the River Bottom Blues Band

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by River, Apr 29, 2010.

1. River

River Senior Member

This is it. Come on in - set a spell. The air is clean, and the whiskey smooth. For the teetotalers, the well water is the finest in the world. Limes and cucumbers are in the cooler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd like to thank each and every one of you who have participated or will do so in the future. And an equal helping of gratitude to those who encourage and support this rag-tag band. I really can't exaggerate how much it means to me to have the opportunity to play with and for you fine folks. Leumas knows why. :naughty:

This is where I'll post links and announcements for new tracks on the band's SoundClick site (SoundClick artist: River Bottom Blues Band - page with MP3 music downloads).

Please post your suggestions and comments here, and links to threads you start on behalf of the band. Also, please leave notes here granting permission to put your contributions up on the band site. SoundClick only accepts MP3s, maximum 10MB in size. Videos are problematic, as YouTube does not support downloading. But keep 'em coming! If you have a separate MP3 of your video's audio, let's try to get them up on the site as well.

We've got some catching up to do, so please post a link to your older threads here as well. I'm sure many of us, including myself, have missed some of them. And feel free to post the audio or video link here again, as well.

There's no need for me to play on every track, so feel free to offer up some rhythm work, with or without a verse or two of lead. I'll put it up on the SoundClick page for all, with your permission. Between two and three minutes seems to be the optimum track length for this sort of work, three or four verses depending on tempo. A measure of lead-in percussion is very helpful.

For what it's worth, "Brain Damage Blues" is currently #2 out of 1,334 in Electric Blues, #23 out of 40,429 in Blues on the SoundClick charts. I have no doubt we'll have #1 with a bullet before long.

Complaints should be taken up with MLP member mrpesca, whom I've just appointed band manager (without his consent). He's the one who really started this shit.

Rock 'til you drop. :dude:

2. mrpesca

mrpesca Senior Member

You're a funny man my friend.:laugh2:

3. Leumas

Leumas Senior Member

Cheers River. :laugh2: This is a great idea, I was getting lost trying to remember who I had listened to, who I replied to, etc. I would like to just grant you blanket permission to put all my submissions up on the RBB site. Thank friend, here's to continued progress!

4. Leumas

Leumas Senior Member

5. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop Senior Member

Man, you can do whatever you want with my RBBB recordings and thanks for the inspiration. I just got this back, so more to come.

[​IMG]

Leendrix likes this.
  6. River

River Senior Member

Leumas - I was just going to link to your "The Stripper" that's just me with you on bass. Listening to it, the volume seems really low. Is it on the same level as your others?

7. River

River Senior Member

Now that's some mojo'd gear!

When we hit the big time and start raking in the bucks, the proceeds are going to charity, k? :laugh2:

8. Leumas

Leumas Senior Member

I have no idea, really. I don't have a real sophisticated setup, just a digi 8 track, so when I mix down I try and keep it just under peaking. I'm sure I can bring it up later.

9. checkedgoldtop

Sounds good, I'm happy broke anyhow.:D

10. checkedgoldtop

1961 ampeg b-15 and a 1964 super reverb, ugly as they may be.

11. checkedgoldtop

Here's what I used while the bfsr was on hiatus.

[​IMG]

12. River

River Senior Member

I had a twin about that age back in the day. It'd rattle your fillings.

Nickzephead92 likes this.
  13. checkedgoldtop

I'll bet, my super is just plain obnoxious at 40 watts.

14. Leumas

Leumas Senior Member

15. River

River Senior Member

I'm gonna finish that Country Wah ditty here before too long. It really makes me feel happy. :) I have another rhythm track in my head that I need another five minutes of practice with first, though. :thumb:

16. WhippingPost

WhippingPost Senior Member

Ahh, it's good to have a place to call home. Nice place there, River. Much better than my shack! I think my new porch cost as much as my house did...

17. checkedgoldtop

I'm getting country wah on both links, not that I'm complaining. I like your style.

18. River

River Senior Member

Our clubhouse is over 120 years old. Lotsa mojo! (Yes, Cookie, I know, I know...:rolleyes:)

19. PINKBITS

PINKBITS Senior Member

Yep, hats off to you Riv. What you have done recently has really brought a lot of members together and given us all some great tunes to listen too.

Good on ya :cool: On good on all of those that have contributed.

I promise I'll pull my finger out and do the same soon :thumb:

20. mrpesca

mrpesca Senior Member

First of all, yes Dennis, I just quoted a picture. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I think I just got a semi (chubby) on an inanimate object. Those amps would look great in my man cave.:cool::thumb: