Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Historics & Reissues' started by guitaraddict, Apr 12, 2010.
2016 are long tenon ? i know they start doing R in serial number
2016 update? anyone?
Yes, long tenon. Same as 2014 models with different serial numbers. Start R9 XXXX instead of 9 XXXX
2017, still no update on this thread ?
Copied from the "other" LP forum...
The 2017 specs that were leaked by Music Zoo earlier in the year stated that they were all (with the exception of the 60s) going with a 59 profile:
New and exciting things are going down at the Gibson Custom Shop. Specs are being rearranged, necks and tops are changing shapes, and everything is lined up to come out fantastic. You can pre-order these guitars starting right now from The Music Zoo. Here is the low-down about what is coming out of the Historic division of the Gibson Custom Shop for 2017! Stay tuned for pictures as the guitars arrive in the store.
Features of what we knew as 2016 Standard and True Historics are being condensed into one single series where all new 2017 Historic Reissue Les Pauls will feature:
– The Carmelita top carve profile
- All ’54, ’56, ’57, and ’58 Historic Reissues have ’59 neck profiles (there seems to be some discrepancy on this point)
– All hide-glue construction and nitrocellulose lacquer finishes with aniline dye
– True Historic parts including pickguard, pickup rings, switch washer, tip, knobs, pickup covers, and jack plate.
– Historic accurate serial numbers (no “R” at the beginning of the serial)
– Rolled Fretboard Binding
– Solid Indian rosewood fretboard
– Solid one-piece mahogany neck with Historic long neck tenon
– Holly Headstock Veneer
– Custombucker Pickups
- Finishes include Antique Gold, Dirty Lemon (replacing Lemon Burst), Faded Tobacco, Iced Tea, and Washed Cherry
- The street price for 1954 through 1958 Historic Reissue Les Pauls in both Gloss and VOS finishes are $4,699.
- The street price for 1959 through 1960 Historic Reissue Les Pauls in both Gloss and VOS finishes are $6,499."
Oddly enough, it's practically September and the Gibson web site doesn't seem to reflect any of this, still showing Standard Historics and True Historics and no mention of the Dirty Lemon finish (which is gorgeous BTW).
Wast there a rumor/allegation that some 2016 "Rn" git's got TH plastics and PUP covers?