Hi! New girl from Montreal!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by l.a_girl19, May 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napsak

napsak Banned

I think Mr. Vasco is being wrongly attacked. For anyone to think he is clueless would be a misjudgement. He is far wiser and older than many of us on this forum. This certainly isn't his first Rodeo and won't be his last.
    He is respected on this board by me any many many others so your attack on him is going to prove useless.

As my Dear Father would say.
    "If he says a chicken dips snuff, you can look under his wing and find the can"

4 people like this.
  2. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

While I agree, I think la.girl is refering to the post where he said something about man hands which was used earlier in the thread to accuse her of being a man.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ken

Ken Senior Member

I think I'll start over. Hopefully, we can get back on the right track.

Welcome to the MLP forums, l.a_girl19 !!!!! :wave:

I hope you'll like it here, as there's lots of great info and discussion here about guitars, amps, pedals, bands, etc.

I see from you wish list that you're a Jimmy Page fan. I am also a Led Zep fan. How long have you been playing, and what's your current gear?

Ken

1 person likes this.
  4. napsak

napsak Banned

ok.
    If Mr. Vasco seen a mans hand in the photograph I would trust his judgement and say lift the dress and you'll find the kick stand.

2 people like this.
  5. Harmony

Harmony V.I.P. Member

Some words of advice from a long term member who has seen all this before over the years.

1. When a female comes on board, don't act like dogs on heat and play around like you not seen a female before. As in past history shows, this can backfire in many ways. Especially when it's all done in the limelight and here in public for all to see.
    Many men's egos have been hurt because of this or they felt betrayed. No one asks you men to show us your genitals to prove that you are born a man before we talk to you.
    Remember whatever anyone says on this forum don't take at face value, we have seen many stories proved as lies and people not who they make out to be.

Females..don't join and make it known you are female in a big way, all it brings is negative attention eventually and drama. It has been seen many times and most of the females disappear because of it.
    Many here would question what agenda she has or whether she is in fact female, because of frauds or misinterpretation of gender in past.
    Though it is no one's business of what gender you are or having to prove it to anyone, don't bring attention to it in a big way then you won't get harassed about it.

3. Anywhere on MLP is not private unless private message.
    Social groups are public and can be seen by any person logged in or not. Closed groups won't keep it private either, it only keeps people from joining unless invited.
    Advertising with a link to the group probably increased eyes more than anything as usually anything to do with girls makes guys more curious, as has happened in past. Don't post in them if you don't want anyone else to see.

4. You do not have to post pictures to prove you are female, though I was asked to once, I never gave in. In fact I had more respect because I did not. Remember any pictures you post of yourself is now public and all over google and most likely in members computers now.
    With saying that above, I have met many members here in person and spoke to many more. A picture can easily be fake or of someone else, so that doesn't prove anything.

Whatever the story, whatever the gender anyone is, making yourself in the limelight as it all has, brings a lot of drama and some people get hurt feelings.
    Have fun, but think before posting :)

3 people like this.
  6. John Vasco

John Vasco I'm with the band V.I.P. Member

Oh, I levelled no accusation. I posted an observation. Regarding the hand holding the guitar, and the fact that I had close acquaintance with many female hands over the years. She claimed that she had more than proved that she was a woman. The other pics had gone before I had the chance to see them, so I cannot comment further.

Then strat posted that 'There are no bushes anymore. Only poles' I responded to this statement in a humorous fashion, quoting an earlier 'Sherlock Holmes' riposte to me. Certainly, I did not reply with an accusation. Not at all. I am a man. There are pics of me all over this place. Go take a look. Others are a bit/far more circumspect (and I'm being polite when I use that word). If you want your eyes opened, go look at the 'RMC1' threads...

5 people like this.
  7. l.a_girl19

l.a_girl19 Senior Member

That is exactly it. I don't think its kind of him to continue implying that I a man when I am a woman.

8. napsak

napsak Banned

Well spoken Mr Vasco and Harmony. Now I have housework to start. Have a great afternoon all.

2 people like this.
  9. l.a_girl19

l.a_girl19 Senior Member

Thank you Ken:wave:

Yes, I am a huge fan of JP and Led Zep!!! I have only been playing since January. Newbie here:wave: I have a 1977 Les Paul Standard and I use a Marshall C5 amp BUT I just purchased a Vox AC30 amp that I should get in the next week! YAY! I also have the Ibanez Turbo Tube Screamer. Love playing and even though I still have a lot to learn, I am still having a blast!!!:dude:

1 person likes this.
  10. l.a_girl19

l.a_girl19 Senior Member

Do you honestly think its nice to say that I have man hands?? THOSE ARE MY HANDS!! I AM SORRY THAT I WAS BORN WITH HANDS THAT APPEAR MANLY. And you know...that is just one picture of my hands from a distance. These are really unfair comments.

You know napsak, I don't think its fair for you to turn on me for having my own opinion on someone and for choosing to stay friends with someone who has been through a difficult time. That says nothing about me in a bad way...your situation is your own and if you choose to be upset with someone is your own business. I don't judge you or post comments like you just have. Totally unfair.

1 person likes this.
  11. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

I know that you didn't mean it as an accusation, but I also had a feeling that is what la.girl was getting at.

12. John Vasco

Listen smart-arse, you post a pic showing a hand like a brickie, and an arm like a wrestler, what the f*ck do you expect? You don't have to post a head shot to prove who you are...

And I watched this thread develop constantly, but elected not to post too much. If you didn't like the 'No bushes, all poles' post by strat, tough. Get over it. If you didn't like my reply to it, tough. Get over it.

I have not made any statement of facts, only observations. I suggest you get things correct.

As for being called a 'little boy', I can assure you I am way beyond that stage in life. I have garnered more knowledge and experience in life than you probably ever will. I have done more things in life than you probably ever will. Your pathetic, puerile, snipe at me does you no favours at all.

F*ckin' grow up, and get to the tempo of this forum!

3 people like this.
  13. l.a_girl19

l.a_girl19 Senior Member

Listen up!!! I am a law student and I can assure you that I am very well educated, have experience and will continue to gain experience in the future.

You are right I don't like your posts towards me because they are RUDE and uncalled for. You have done nothing but hurt my feelings from the start!

I am a woman. Get over it.

I would love to get to the tempo of this forum but you keep delaying that!

14. napsak

napsak Banned

:hmm: I thought I was going to make it out of here and get a few things done that I've been neglecting and to insure that I will this time I'll try and earn myself a nice little vacation and say to you Ms. Prissy that you should F*ck yourself and the little pony you road in on.
    Pinkie just so happened to be a friend of mine as well and under a false package as I see it. I deleted her or him for being dishonest. Who knows any more. One minute it's her other half claiming to be logged in and at other times it's the girlfriend. Are we suppose to inquire as to whom we're communicating with each time? If so, it should have been brought into the light from the being, not platy on us as if we're all a bunch of morons without feelings.
    My offer still stands for you to F*ck yourself and your pony though.

2 people like this.
  15. John Vasco

Listen, why so upset. When you've had the piss taken out of you as often as I have on this forum, then you've got grounds to complain. If you don't believe me, trying looking for the stuff. PM Harmony, and ask her for pointers, for example. In fact, just go to the couple of threads about the Bridport event which I help organise (which takes place this weekend), and you'll see more than enough in those. You should see some of the things I've had levelled at me in my time on here! :laugh2: :dude:

But in the final analysis, I just roll with it (sorry, Oasis!)

5 people like this.
  16. Weird Uncle Roy

Weird Uncle Roy Senior Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCX3ZNDZAwY]Imagine - The Beatles - John Lennon - YouTube[/ame]

17. John Vasco

Bollocks! You're a student. Aged 19 from your handle? Yes? You haven't lived yet...
    Being well-educated counts for jack-shit! It's what you do with your life on the back of any level of education that counts, not how high up the educational strata you go.
    My posts are not rude, they are direct without being accusational. If you don't like direct talking, you better toughen up if you are going to pursue a law career.

Me delaying things? Don't talk stupid. You post these earnest sentences, then post a load of shit like that. Don't insult my f*ckin' intelligence!

3 people like this.
  18. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

In all fairness, every time it seems that the subject has died down, you bring it right back up. You've said you peace with Vasco, it is time to move on.

I'm sure this isn't over though.

5 people like this.
  19. l.a_girl19

l.a_girl19 Senior Member

I don't deserve this. I will not stoop to your level and call you names because quite frankly, I don't think anyone here deserves that treatment. I need to point out that I did not initiate this topic. I thought I was joining a friendly forum and before I knew it I was being asked to prove that I am a woman.

Then you who hardly knows me, turns on me for my choices that have nothing to do with you. I told you before that I understood why you were upset about recent events. I understand what it must have been like to go through that. I never lied about who I was so I just don't see why I am getting attacked by some of you.

1 person likes this.
  20. Ken

Ken Senior Member

I got your back this time, l.a_girl.

Anybody else want to throw your hat into the ring?

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.