Here we go again - Las Vegas

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by redjunior, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Death Incarnate

Death Incarnate Premium V.I.P. Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Whatever helps you sleep at night, man.

2. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

I'll tackle this.

1. They're still working on the Vegas thing, so we'll see.

2. Oswald killed Kennedy because he was an angry, disaffected, lunatic with delusions of grandeur.

3. The nineteen hijackers flew into our buildings because they wanted to be martyrs for an extremely radical version of Islam.

dave b and KSG_Standard like this.
  3. Crotch

Crotch Delete My Account Entirely Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Read and seen all of it. The Warren commission is the worst read ever. It is an obsession of mine.

KP11520 likes this.
  4. Crotch

No doubt. Definitely a sandwich cheese.

45WinMag likes this.
  5. Crotch

100% agree. My thing is that in the age of leaking and a ton of fake news, no one is coming up with anything except completely stupid shit like he was shooting at the fuel tanks. That's all. I'm perfectly patient. But you'd think a drip here, a drip there. I get it, he's 64. Probably wasn't checking his Twitter time line all night ;)

Caleb likes this.
  6. Crotch

Man that's really good. I'm gonna double check your sources but I think I can sleep tonight now! Thanks

staffy, Howard2k, Caleb and 1 other person like this.
  7. Death Incarnate

Death Incarnate Premium V.I.P. Premium Member V.I.P. Member

That’s a pretty big American rhetoric oversimplification. Perhaps the hijackers themselves were that narrow minded, but Bin Laden himself spelled out his political motives in his 2002 Letter To America.

8. AxeBuilder

AxeBuilder Senior Member

Sorry - you're way off base. If you look at UN data for homicide rate per capita, the US is no. 94 of 219. El Salvador takes 1st place at 108/100,000. US is at 5/100,000.

9. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

I'm up all night, D.I.

I realize that a lot of people find some psychological relief and even a little superiority in a good old fashioned conspiracy theory, and I really do empathize. At the time, it was a bit much to think that a loser like Oswald could destroy Camelot, and I know it still is in many circles. So for the last fifty plus years it's been the CIA, LBJ, JE Hoover, pro-Castro Cubans, anti-Castro Cubans pissed about Bay of Pigs, Texas oilmen, Buddy Fritsch, the Secret Service, Carlos Marcello, Santo Trafficante, Sam Giancana, etc, etc, etc. And they all managed to keep a secret. What's interesting about the JFK theories is that a lot of people seem to think that they weren't immediate, that the public initially trusted the findings before shady info was revealed, when in fact the theories sprung up immediately. What I also find interesting is how, especially on the JFK thing, some theorists think they have some kind of critical thinking edge and are going against the company line in some way, and see behind the curtain like few others do. When in fact like seventy five percent of Americans think it was a conspiracy, making the theories pretty ordinary and not exactly the domain of the over-informed. Indeed it seems that most of the conspiracy believers, not saying you DI just generally, have a hard time articulating who they think did it other than Oswald. It's usually vague but ominous sounding chestnuts like, "Oswald? No way! It goes all the way to the top! At the highest levels!" Which is kind of understandable as there are so many competing theories. It would be easier if there were only one or two, I suppose, but there are shelves of books at Barnes and Noble accusing damn near everyone and their mother of having a hand in JFK's murder. It's also both amusing and a little appalling how many people base their opinions of the matter on the Oliver Stone movie, which made the Hurricane Carter movie look like a factual narrative by comparison.

Apologies for the derail.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  10. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

No problem at all, always happy to help.

Death Incarnate likes this.
  11. Marshall & Moonshine

Marshall & Moonshine Senior Member

Not being sarcastic here, but perhaps our growing ability to dig info out of the fuzz is causing them to do a better job of clamming up.

12. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

What is interesting is:

Within a few hours on 9/11 they had so much information on every news channel about the "19" hijackers and their connection to Bin Laden and so many details.

Here it's 4 days later and we aren't getting anything but crumbs and they aren't even from the same kind of bread.

So his brother said he got richer playing Vegas over the last 20 years. He has a VERY limited tenure in real job positions. Anybody making above a relatively small amount gambling, gets issued a 1099. If he really was a whale and brought home donut chains, he's documented. Tax returns and all. Unless it's not true and just a hard to qualify ambiguous cover for something else they can't/won't tell us.

I smell stinky wu!

Benjammin and Crotch like this.
  13. Marshall & Moonshine

I’m guessing the bagel came with cream cheese.
    The rest I can only guess.

Crotch likes this.
  14. Caleb

Caleb Senior Member

I guess it's simply impossible that law enforcement has adapted the way they do the Public Information biz over the course of the last sixteen years?

15. bildozr

bildozr Deliberately Obtuse V.I.P. Member

I just saunter back into MLP after a few days, 38 pages without a lock. Bravo my dudes.

16. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Or something is or was stinky. LOL Right now all we got we can throw to the wind.

Caleb likes this.
  17. Crotch

I feel like somebody knows something and they're just not letting it out yet. How that happens this day and age I find odd, but I can live with it. Like I mentioned, I just find it interesting, and it also helps me to try to take my mind off what happened and the fact it could have easily been me and many other friends at lollapalooza a month ago. I'm in the I'd always rather know than not know crowd. Not going to make myself crazy over it. But I appreciate the discussion.

Thumpalumpacus and KP11520 like this.
  18. Marshall & Moonshine

Because the govt had already written the narrative beforehand.
    All they had to do was read.

staffy, winexprt and Death Incarnate like this.
  19. KP11520

KP11520 Senior Member

Kind of hard to not think that has a HIGH probability, but I always leave the window cracked hoping for an easy forced entry of something palatable.

The Movie "Shooter" had a clip with the chick FBI agent referring to the "recipe" and how tight and fast it gets delivered. Creative writing or factual writing? Very blurred line me thinks!

20. Marshall & Moonshine

To be honest, I forgot it was still just Thursday.

Thumpalumpacus and Caleb like this.