Hendrix Digitech pedal

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Volusia, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Volusia

Volusia Senior Member

I have been wanting a WAH pedal for my rig and have been contemplating on the Digitech Hendrix expression pedal. Anyone own one or have any experience (no pun intended) with it? Also, any other recommendations for WAH peds?

YouTube - Digitech Jimi Hendrix Guitar expression pedal

2. Fixxxer

Fixxxer V.I.P. Member

i would personally not get this. I think you should get a used dunlop 535 wah, or look for a fulltone / teese wah used.

I understand the desire to get the hendrix vibe, but that pedal although fun, would not be gig wah. Its perfect for what its being used for, which is recording and some album effects.

Get a standard crybaby 535 or look into the fulltone deluxe or teese offerings. FYI the latter are more money, but the dunlop is a good wah for the money.

3. lp59aholicDon

lp59aholicDon V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I saw a guy take one of these pedals up to an open Mic , He couldnt get it to trigger right for two and half to three songs, I agree with Fixx, and his choice of wah pedals , another lesson learned or re learned, Practice and and work out your pedals before ya go out and gig em

4. coldsteal2

coldsteal2 V.I.P. Member

Crybaby, its probably the most recomended wa ever

5. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

crybaby with roger mayer red lion circuit... ehy! that's what I've got!!:naughty:

6. refin

refin V.I.P. Member

I wasn't convinced-----some tones (clean) weren't too bad,but I say try a few wahs and get your own sound.
    Get individual pedals instead of an all in one,so if one breaks you aren't done.

7. Darkburst

Darkburst Senior Member

Crybaby Classic for lower budgets and Teese Picture or Area 51 if you have a little extra coin.

8. Bluesjam

Bluesjam Senior Member

The Dunlop Dime Crybaby from Hell is a great Wah and it has the red fasel in it.

9. MIDNIGHT

MIDNIGHT V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

love the purple haze, the foxy lady, and the voodoo child sounds on that pedal :applause:

:hippie:

:thumb: