Hemp CBD oil?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Bytor1958, Sep 14, 2018.

1. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

My whole discussion started (I think) when you said you thought "natural" was safer than "engineered". I don't believe this to be the case.

Also your statement, to me, implied, by extension, that FDA testing and regulation was not improving things. Each chemical needs to be taken on it's own accord, and the more testing and background documentation we have, the more we can be confident in the applications.

See I don't even know at what point someone thinks something is "natural". CBD oil certainly does not exist in nature. It has to be extracted, most likely using other chemicals. So the whole "natural" thing just eludes me. Water from the tap is not even natural, for most people. I drink well water, it is natural, and probably don't wanna know what is in it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018

2. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

..................so "natural" is the only issue you have? I used the wrong word. Shoot me now.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Shred Astaire likes this.

3. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

So this is a lie??

[​IMG]

4. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Premium Member

Natty Light?

The "beer" part is a damn lie. That ain't beer.....

I may have started as kinda beer but after filtering it through old used genuine Maytag washing machine cardboard boxes lined with copious amounts of armadillo crap and rotten pine straw, it ain't even remotely close to qualifying as beer....

5. Rob H.

Rob H. Senior Member

:laugh2:

DarrellV likes this.

6. Roberteaux

Roberteaux V.I.P. Member

Did anybody see the reports in mass media a few days ago, in which it was stated emphatically (by the news distortion outlets on either side of the Great Media Divide) that Coca-Cola planned to start producing some sort of beverage that was to be infused with a lot of "cannabis".

The first reports were that the planned beverage was to contain only cannabidiol, and no THC. Subsequent reports didn't seem to distinguish between the two substances, though.

One article I read carried on to talk a lot about the fact that THC is not a legal compound to possess at the federal level, even though various states have lightened up enough to abandon their laws regarding prohibition altogether... which got readers commenting in a way that made me think that perhaps they didn't catch the first reports, which identified the sole active cannabinoid as being CBD.

Then came the last series, in which it was reported that Coca Cola was cutting a deal with a Canadian cannabis org that does business as Aurora Cannabis.

But then most of the articles I saw earlier more or less vanished, probably yanked off their webpage servers...

That happened after Snopes had a look at the issue.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coca-cola-cannabis/

Turns out that neither Coca Cola or Aurora Cannabis will confirm or deny that the two companies have plans to do business together. Both companies issued statements that never mentioned the counterpart company, which led Snopes to classify the story as being "unproven" instead of as true or false. It seems that many consider the curious refusal of both orgs to deny that they've been talking with one another to be significant.

Amusingly, the only thing that Coca Cola was willing to state unequivocally was that if they decided to do a hemp drink, it would not contain THC.

I guess that after the whole debacle with coca leaf products (including trace amounts of cocaine) in Coca Cola back in the 20's, they didn't want to go down *that* road again. :laugh2:

--R :D

7. JeffH66

JeffH66 Pelham Blue Addict Premium Member

I just saw a new pain doctor today. Don't really care for a lot of his approaches, but he did encourage me to try some CBD oil, and that many of his patients are seeing beneficial results, of varying degrees of course. So I went to their pharmacy and spent the $150 for 1000mg Cannabidoil, 4oz bottle (THC free). Supposed to do 3ml sublingually for the first 30 days. Then he said I can likely start reducing the amount in following months down to maybe 1-1.5oz.

I have to use THC free because, in Texas, if a urine test detects THC in your system, they will immediately cut off all of your pain prescriptions, at least according to this doctor and my wife's doctor.

The doctor said there were different strengths of the oil, and to get the strongest and take a smaller dose vs. weaker oil and a larger dose; but when I told the pharmacist this he looked at me like I had two heads. He said there was only one strength.

I clearly have some research to do. However, I'm all for it if it will help control my pain and I can reduce or eliminate opioid use. I don't expect it to be a complete panacea however.

I'm going to give it a shot and find out more about the oil and strengths, if any.

Roberteaux likes this.

8. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

I always trust someone who has never tried something over someone who has. It's just logical.

9. ehb

Mazactly like that....but different....

Mindfrigg likes this.

10. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

The caveat I've read about CBD and the liver is that CBD may slow down the way the liver metabolizes certain pharmaceuticals which could cause overmedication and increase the possibility of the damage those drugs might cause. In that case you might want to consult your physician. If he/she even knows a damn thing about CBD at all.

Shred Astaire and ehb like this.

11. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

As far as Sativa/Indica goes..my understanding is that in either the thing that determines the thc vs cbd ratio is when it's harvested. For highest thc content...harvest when the Trichomes are clear. Wait longer and the trichomes are cloudy, indicating higher cbd content.

THC for head high. CBD for body effects.

Not that I know nuthin bout that kinda thang. :cool2:

ehb likes this.

12. JeffH66

JeffH66 Pelham Blue Addict Premium Member

Always trust someone who's tried it over someone who hasn't. Wait, did I get that wrong.........??

Mindfrigg likes this.

13. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

Make sure to find a pure CBD oil. There are a lot that use carrier oils. The one I am using is 100% CBD at 500mg. They have it with and without THC.

I'm already noticing some pain relief in my shoulder and neck and some with my sciatica.

I'm taking 4 drops in the morning and 4 drops at bedtime.

Mindfrigg and ehb like this.

14. Bytor1958

Bytor1958 Senior Member

Something else is my tinnitus seems to be calming down. Not going to get too excited yet but it does seem quieter.

Mindfrigg likes this.

15. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

There are a lot of cannabis infused beers already on the market.

Just a quick image from google, many more out there. Dunno what is in these. I'd imagine in states where it is legal, there'd be plenty of THC and or CBD.

[​IMG]

Roberteaux likes this.

16. Dun Ringill

Dun Ringill Premium Member

I would dig into this also. Do you go through the VA?

https://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/consumer/broch4.asp

17. rxbandit

rxbandit Senior Member

Don't think those have any THC (just CBD), but there's plenty of THC infused drinks already. Sodas and whatnot. They're great

rcole_sooner likes this.

18. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

image.jpeg

ehb likes this.

19. Crotch

Crotch Support MLP Veterans & Vendors Double Platinum Supporter Premium Member

20. ehb

That just pisses me off to no end.... Folks just ain't housebroke....

I mean just look.... Damn......Sickening......

Damn nice red kerosene lantern and they've let it go to hell.... Low life rat bastids....

Hard to find a good old timey kerosene lantern nowadays....and they've let that one go to hell.....

smk506 and Crotch like this.