Help with pickup selection

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by OHIOSTEVE, Nov 6, 2017.

1. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

I have a telecaster project I am working on. Trying to make an all in one stage guitar. By that I mean I switch between acoustic and electric during the show and am trying to go with one guitar. Anyway I am looking for a pickup that will get me closer to an acoustic sound. Want a neck pickup single coil or humbucker doesn't matter. I can add an acoustic simulator pedal. I just don't have any knowledge on which way to go.

2. Jymbopalyse

Jymbopalyse Senior Member

The first thing I thought of when I read your post was that they make piezo pup-equipped tele bridges.

The LP Ultra III has one.
    I only played one in the store for a whole 10 minutes but I think this may be something you might want to check out.

Good luck in your hunt.

OHIOSTEVE likes this.
  3. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

thanks

4. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Senior Member

Search for Kent Armstrong Handmade Pickups on Facebook. Pickup maker to the stars (Page, Townshend, Hendrix, etc.). He will do a custom wind for you, whatever you want, and is a wonderful guy as well.

5. OHIOSTEVE

OHIOSTEVE Senior Member

THANKS!!

Duane_the_tub likes this.
  6. Duane_the_tub

Duane_the_tub Senior Member

Glad to help. One idea based on the pickups Kent wound for my tele would be to put a half-power tap on one - I'm guessing the neck might work better for the tone you're looking for - controlled by a push/pull on one of the knobs. It's easy and really effective.