Help with my EDS-1275 ?

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by zoso777, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Samantha

Samantha MLP Cub Reporter V.I.P. Member

change that black toggle switch cap to a white one, jimmy had it white, the position of the bridges is to close but i wouldn't change it, it'd leave holes in the body.

keep the speed knobs too, jimmy had those on his, jsut given advice because you play in a led zep tribute band, thaught you;d want to get your ax as close to jimmys as you can, as you have taken of the covers for the 6 string.

2. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

Hi Paul ! You don´t have idea how difficult was finding the toggle switch cap LONG (that one black for the necks) in white/cream ! I only found it in Japan after searching thousands of places in the USA ! I´m expecting it to arrive soon.
    Actually, JP guitar has its tailpiece longer BUT there´s an issue: It´s very hard to find strings longer enough to reach the tuners of the 12, I mean the "D" & "A". So, I will not change it also for the holes as you told.
    Thanks for your words ! :)

3. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

To bolesk or others,

Do you have any pic of yourself (or others) using this beauty with the strap on the 6 ?
    I intend to move to the 6 today but I was wondering how it would look ready to rock ! :hmm:

4. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

Well, I couldn´t wait... so I take a deep breath and did the job.
    It´s fine...guitar is much more balanced now but...It´s almost impossible to do something above the 12th fret of the 12 neck due to the strap ( I use a wide one ).
    What do you think ? Of course, I prefer this way but I felt a bit frustrated with this issue :(

In time: I´ve been using this strap and I found it very nice! Much more comfortable and resistant than my previous Planet Wave Wide. Here´s the link and I tell you in advance that I´m not the seller nor "oficial endorser" or receive anything for that !:rofl:
    That being said, here it goes:

3" WIDE GOLD ON BLACK Guitar Straps By Jade - eBay (item 110252691435 end time May-28-08 00:00:00 PDT)

5. Boleskinehouse

Boleskinehouse Senior Member

I use a wide strap too, but on these things there isn't much of a reason to go higher than the 12th fret anyway... Try bringing your thumb under the neck? So that you've got the neck in your palm... If that makes any sence! :rofl:

6. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

Kinda sense! :rofl:

Yeap, I almost don´t go over 12th on that...:shock:

7. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

By the way...I´m lazy to take screw off and measure it so I´d like to know its size/type so I can buy another spare one maybe at guitar parts,Stewart etc.
    Yes, I´m not normal! I like to have some spare guitar pieces in case something bad happens and I can´t change fast:rofl:

8. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

Why not another pic of the almost "A La Page" look ? New long cream tip for the neck switch :)

[​IMG]

BTW, I don´t know I always take shots at night with shadows and less light to make things worse! :hmm::rofl:

9. Guido

Guido The Gweeeed V.I.P. Member

nice guitars, congrats!
    i think that in some years, when i start working, ill buy one

10. Guido

Guido The Gweeeed V.I.P. Member

btw, #130 with this post

11. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

Thanks!
    Yeap ! We´ll get to #200 or more :)

12. Boleskinehouse

Ok guys. I finally got around to changing the strings on the beast. I went around to my local stores to see if they even had sets of electric 12s. All anybody had were D'Addario 10s, so I tried those, and they're a bit heavy.

So once I wear these out, I'll be ordering the Ernie Balls. Sorry it took me so long, Zoso! :)

13. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

Bolesk, I bought D´Addario 10s also since It´s hard to find Ernies for doubles here. Sad to know that you thought them heavier than the original ones (Gibson?) :(
    Anyway, let us know your experience with Ernie Ball ASAP !:thumb:

14. Liam

Liam V.I.P. Member

I love the D'Addario 10s on mine...

A really good Jazz Rock player borrowed my EDS-1275 for a gig on Sunday night. Jeez, it was amazing, he was playing really fast lead lines on the 12 string neck, even faster on the 6 string neck. Played with both necks going at the same time in dropped D tuning with lots of gain. Just awesome, he has given me a lot of food for thought. Like playing one neck while it's switched off and waiting for the resonance to build on the other. Too cool!

15. Boleskinehouse

Yeah! There are all kinds of cool things you can do with these behemoths. :)

16. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

17. Boleskinehouse

:laugh2: What ya thinking about, Zoso?

18. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

1) Gibson EDS-1275 = Behemoths...don´t you think EDS is a bit smaller ?:D

2) Now serious, wondering how that jazz guy was playing faster on the 12 than 6...shame on me ! I can´t :(

19. b-squared

b-squared Banned

You should hear John McLaughlin play on the 12-string side. He flies all over it.

:D

BB

20. zoso777

zoso777 V.I.P. Member

Hey B! I had "forgotten" this man...why do you remember these things? I feel like trowing away my guitar :(

However, his guitar had/has some mods...and don´t tell me that´s not the reason of the flies !!!:rofl: