Help! Need advice! Ebay item not shipped: Jimmy Page / Tom Murphy $$$

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by JimmyAce2006, Dec 9, 2008.

1. JimmyAce2006

JimmyAce2006 V.I.P. Member

2. Steinmetzify

Steinmetzify Banned

New member here........reading the Stickies at the first page, and one of the first things I come across was this.

I feel horrible for you, man. I wish things had turned out better. Thanks for posting this so others can be educated.

Got to the end of the story, and I'm glad you finally got #2!

3. proudamerican

proudamerican Senior Member

track him down a shove a boot up his ass

4. HOT-BRIT

HOT-BRIT V.I.P. Member

first rule never pay buy bank wire transfer,
    second rule always pay with credit card via Paypal so you then have double buyer protection,
    I would try and get Ebay to help you, get sellers contact info from Ebay and try to call and speek directly with them, last resort contact law enforcement agencies, internet fraud is a serious crime, good luck with it, let us know how it works out.

5. JimmyAce2006

You are responding to something that happened 3 years ago.

6. HOT-BRIT

HOT-BRIT V.I.P. Member

Well it is a good lesson for all of us for the future

JimmyAce2006 likes this.
  7. cessnapilot182

cessnapilot182 Senior Member

I skipped a few pages here, but I read about 9 of them. So how did it end up? Did the mule every get prosecuted? Or the guys from Russia? Did you ever get any money back?

8. JimmyAce2006

No change; and No is the correct answer to all of your other questions.

9. slapshot

slapshot Senior Member

i stopped reading when i read wired money I knew how this was gonna play out.
    they suck & they're the devil but paypal would have refunded you in about 10 days when he couldn't provide any proof of shipping.

that is the lesson here.

10. TabaccoSunburst

TabaccoSunburst Junior Member

How's it going? Did you get it eventualy?

11. JimmyAce2006

12. JimmyAce2006

13. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Recovering Oxblood Addict V.I.P. Member

Do you still buy on ebay?:cool::D

Sorry, couldn't resist. I haven't even read the thread. I see the title and the last reply and the time span. That tells me everything pretty much.

Ebay sucks.

Sorry to hear you got shafted.....that had to have been a nice chunk 'o change too. Damn....

14. bullldozer1984

bullldozer1984 Member

A little late to the party but I'm real sorry to hear man. I actually feel sad after reading that and I don't even know u.

2 people like this.
  15. jksniper

jksniper Junior Member

Jimmy this is NOT directed at you ...you've been burned and don't need to touch the fire again I'm sure.

I'm retired LEO with 25 years experience and you would not believe the people that came into the pct during my last year working to complain about internet scams. A guy sent thousands to a total stranger in England for a classic car that probably does not even exist...business owners scammed out of hundreds of thousands of dollars....Jimmy is NOT alone in being scammed. Scams exist because there will ALWAYS be someone that will be trusting and good enough to believe that the rest of the people in the world are good and trustworthy enough to trust to do what they say they will do.
    If you think you have been scammed by someone on the internet immediately go to your local police department to report the crime. If the person was just late in shipping an item or was behind for some reason theres no harm done by reporting it...you can always call and tell them to forget about it.
    As has been said here before NEVER send actual cash or do wire transfers. Whenever possible use Paypal or a major credit card. CC companies are pretty good about covering charges for items not delivered or helping out with disputes. Its in their own best interests to get rid of this type of crime asap.
    We were scammed while on vacation....hotel staff stole our CC# we reported it to the authorities and the CC company covered the bogus charges.
    File in small claims court ...you can do it yourself and pay a process server to go serve the "middleman" with the papers. You wouldn't believe what that can generate. Same with LE phone calls. Technically we were told dept policy said to not intervene in what the dept considered a "business dispute" where one party has purchased or provided services and received nothing for their time/money. Out of sympathy for some of the people that walked into the pct I made calls to people and told them the other party was now standing in the pct wanting to make a police report and sometimes it resulted in a payment being made...sometimes not.
    Understand too when you go to the police that you are upset and feel bad /violated over this, probably your first time ever involved as a crime victim, but they deal with crime all day long...every day...24-7-365 and your internet crime scam is not the same high priority crime as are violent offenses even though it involves what you would consider a lot of money to you. The last case I handled before I let the job involved over a quarter million dollars in fraud so even though 15 large seems like a lot to you its not to the detective that you'll speak to. Also EVERYWHERE detectives are overworked and carry big caseloads so burdening them with another crime that they have little to no chance of solving and making an arrest does not exactly make them shout "Yahoo!" and react with great enthusiasm towards taking this scam case on. Be prepared to be told , a lot, that "theres nothing I can do about this...the players are in another country or another state so its the FBI's case or Interpols case or anyone's case other than ME! Our department formed a computer crimes section but with the economy being in disarray it has suffered shortages like everywhere so they're REALLY overworked with the proliferation of this type of crime .
    If you think you've been scammed go to your local PD IMMEDIATELY and report it. ALso call your credit card company and dispute the charge immediately or contact paypal to resolve the situation.
    Good luck in the future Jimmy. Sorry you got scammed bro....

16. Secoy

Secoy Member

One thing that will help in the future on ebay is to use Paypal to pay for all items you buy. Pay Pal and ebay will investigate the issue then make decision. I have had to deal with this a couple times and was reimbursed for every cent I paid even the shipping I paid.

17. OBX351

OBX351 Senior Member

This is the thread of dread. I am so sorry that you got screwed on this guitar deal. Anyway, I know it's been 3 years but I feel for you buddy!

1 person likes this.
  18. Thundergod

Thundergod Senior Member

Maybe we should raise funds for the poor middle man that got scammed by Russians (insert wanking emoticon here).

Sorry I know this is old and others said it before me but having read it, the guy was working on his own. If not, are you telling me we all could do this and end up with no repercussion?

19. jmp2204

jmp2204 Member

wow , sorry man that had to hurt. did anyone (you , law enforcemnet etc) ever talk to the american money transfer guy, face to face ( i may have missed it if it was stated )to actualy confirm his situation /story