Help! Need advice! Ebay item not shipped: Jimmy Page / Tom Murphy $$$

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by JimmyAce2006, Dec 9, 2008.

1. bluemoon

bluemoon Senior Member

So sorry to hear about your story. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now. I wish you all the luck in the world in your pursuit of this matter.

2. TheGalen

TheGalen Senior Member

Just read this whole post. The whole situation sucks. I'm sorry that this happened to you.

I think that you should still sue the middle man. I wouldn't imagine that it would cost that much to get a lawyer to file a suit against him. Of course he will always say he has no money, but once a judgment is against him, he might come up with all or some of it eventually. Lots of people say they don't have money when nobody is forcing them to pay.

If he truly was innocent, that would be his problem to try and get the money from whoever screwed him. He obviously had contact with the Russian scammers or whoever it was and must know who they are. Or perhaps he had contact with other 'middle-men' - who could be sued as well. I know this happened a while back so it's probably too late to find the Russians. But this middle man shouldn't be allowed to get away with this or continually make excuses. If he "wants" to pay you back, he would have done so already.

3. Otto

Otto Senior Member

Hey brother JimmyAce, have you found the whereabouts of the bagman again? I'm betting he still lives at the same address, he just changed up his info. If you haven't found him yet then here's hoping he lost control of his car while diggin in to scratch his flaming hemmoroid and died in a twisted heap of burning wreckage. I can't believe there's no RICO immplications here. This is O.C. There are task forces already pursuing the Russian mob. You get the bagman involved in a rico case and your $15k would be the least of his worries. Believe me there would be some very unpleasant visitors from Brighton Beach coming to his town asap. He would beg you to take his home or any other asset it would take to make THAT scenario go away. Good luck bro. I hope you've moved on as much as possible with the important parts of your life, family, friends, etc. Money comes and money goes you sound like a good guy and you can put all this behind, while that bagman will be living in fear and hiding the rest of his days.

4. vortexx

vortexx Senior Member

I reported that guy twice who asks you not to bid on his guitar and contact him outside of ebay. Usually sells them for $1700.

5. JimmyAce2006

JimmyAce2006 V.I.P. Member

i don't think he is selling anything. i think he is taking, but not providing anything. all of the photos are stolen from other auctions that recently completed.

6. Leftysneedluvtoo

Leftysneedluvtoo Junior Member

7. ilovelps

ilovelps Senior Member

Isn't this the second time you've been screwed with JP guitars?

8. JimmyAce2006

Actually, this one happened in Dec. 08. The debacle with GC happened in Dec. 09. LOL And sometime in between I bought a custom authentic Page that arrived with bad packing and a broken switch tip; the seller blamed it on me & said it was my responsibility to go after a claim with the shipping company (they would not have honored after I took pics of his packing), but the shipping company said it was up to the seller to take the guitar back & file a claim. Also, ebay & paypal backed me up. Win some, lose some. I did end up with a signed Page #2, so that is money in the bank.

9. ilovelps

ilovelps Senior Member

Good to hear some good stuff happens! let's just hope nothing bad happens this December!

10. MorePau1

MorePau1 Senior Member

I'm really sorry to hear this...
    If this happened to me, I don't think I am allowed to say what I would do, but lets just say I would be in prison.

I've never bought a guitar on eBay, I only deal on craigslist for fear of something like this happening to me. I once bought some iPhone's to resell on ebay from the sellers website. They requested that I send a money order. They gave me the runaround. They tried to sya they never got the money order, but guess what, USPS has this great little thing called delvery confirmation, and it just so happens I purchased that service. Then a few weeks later they say "your order is scheduled to be shipped early next week" I email them a week later and get "all orders made between XX-XX-XXXX and XX-XX-XXXX have been shipped XX-XX-XXXX via USPS". Months later no iphones, no emails back, they don't answer the phone. I got the contact info for the guy who owned the website, and I call him, and say "Hi, is this (I forget his name)?" "Yes" "Okay, I recently ordered some iphones from your" and he hangs up after the word your. I call back a few days later and the number has been disconnected. So I mailed him a box of dog shit. I was so close to mailing him some hungry snakes.

11. MorePau1

MorePau1 Senior Member

Any news? I say its time to open up a fresh can of whoopass.

12. JimmyAce2006

This one is dead

13. BEDLAM_1

BEDLAM_1 Senior Member

oh shit!,,Just read this. Im gutted for you jim.
    I cant imagine how i would have felt if it had happend to me.

Internet auction scam`s are huge buisiness..and sometimes VERY well put together.
    Not that this helps get your money back, but it happens to somebody every day mate. Some poor sod is getting ripped somewhere right now!.

gutted for you

14. MorePau1

MorePau1 Senior Member

So how about a fundraiser?

15. JimmyAce2006

Perfect! Are you running it? :)

16. Davely

Davely Junior Member

Reading this shit situation makes me feel fortunate for some of the boneheaded deals I've made..........but will no longer make. Sorry for your loss Jimmy. Hopefully some good Karma things come your way soon.

17. Weaver

Weaver Senior Member

i just spent about 2 hours reading this topic , i realy feel for you man. theres gotta be so many a holes out there. ive got that sh*t feeling from just reading this, hell at least now im educated to not ever wire transfer money. best wishes to you friend

-weaver

18. Dee

Dee Junior Member

I am new here and don't know you, but from your posts you seem like a cool guy. I hope you have a happy ending, my thoughts go out to you. Try to look up, things could be worse. Everyday above ground is a good day.

19. BillB1960

BillB1960 Senior Member

[​IMG]:thumb:

20. 59jimi59

59jimi59 Junior Member

Hey did the members of my les paul ever get a fundraiser for this guy? How did it turn out in the end? Was the guy prosecuted?
    jimi