Help me decide Helix vs LT

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Dineley, May 24, 2017.

1. Dineley

Dineley Senior Member

So zero percent financing is soon upon us Canadian folks.. Anyways I am going to grab a Helix of some sort for sure just cant decide if I will regret going for the LT.

I am aware of the differences between the two just curious it anyone has real world experiences that would push me one way or another

The full blown helix comes with free backpack right now as well and then with the native discount it makes the pricr difference much less impactful

2. tzd

tzd Senior Member

After seeing how small the difference in size is between the two, I am favoring the Floor if you can get a good price on it. The scribble strips are cool.

3. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I'm probably the best equipped to comment and would be more than happy to give you a good non-answer. :rofl:

I was so impressed with the LT, I took it back and got a floor.
    So far, the floor has done absolutely nothing for me the LT didn't do.
    Function and sound are identical.
    I actually almost prefer the layout of the LT. The floor is a sturdier box, but the LT is a cool piece. I like the clean, smooth look. The scribble strips are somewhat of a nice add on and simplify things to a degree, but not life altering.

Regular guitar input works fine for an acoustic, but I probably will go to using the floor's aux in. Find my post about the studio mixer pre-set. That does offer some real possibilities.

I have no regrets on upgrading, but would have done just fine with the LT.

The back pack would be a cool freebee. If you have any interest at all in Native, floor is a no-brainer. Another point of note, because of the popularity of LT, I found just about everybody ready to deal on a floor. I think it's as easy to get 20% off a floor as it is to get 10% off an LT.

I think after contemplating the differences, it all comes down to that silly little voice in your head.
    The LT will get it done. If you're doing a no interest deal, stretch it out just a few more months and you'll never have to second guess your decision.

joba, mmd, AllTheSound and 1 other person like this.
  4. mmd

mmd Senior Member

Well said Pop!!

5. KenG

KenG Senior Member

Well good luck getting any price discounts from L&M, especially if you're getting 0% financing!
    1st question is how are going to listen to your Helix/Helix LT? Next is do you have the equipment you want for this already. If so then it's simpy a matter of how much you want to pay a month (L&M is 12 mos max). Right now the LT is $1349 CAD and the Floor is $1999 CAD. That $650 CAD you save could buy you up to two Alto TS210s to play your Helix through (assuming here that you are going FRFR). Or it could change your payments from $166/mo down to $112/mo (taxes not included).

6. cybermgk

cybermgk Singin' the body lectric Premium Member V.I.P. Member

7. Dineley

Dineley Senior Member

Thanks for the links Tim and thanks for sharing Pops

Pop1655 likes this.
  8. Dineley

Dineley Senior Member

Also for the record zero percent financing is more just to make it easier on the wife I got a new head and guitar within the last two months. So spreading it over a year makes me seem less greedy but I can afford either one out right

9. Dineley

Dineley Senior Member

Going with the big boy. Got green light from wife too so im proceding with her blessing which is nice. The mic input plus native is worth it to me. Saves me having to buy an interface

AmpedUp, Donal, cybermgk and 2 others like this.
  10. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

I hope you'll visit with me after you get it. Maybe we can help each other stumble through it together.

Two words: Rocco Crocco
    The man with the plan

Donal and Dineley like this.
  11. dspelman

dspelman Senior Member

I went with the standard Helix. I *like* the LT, but the standard model has much stronger construction (which *I* should probably have), a LOT more input/output options on the backside (which I actually use) and those neat scribble strips ("now what the hell did I do with THIS one?"). The nominal difference is that the standard Helix is 50% more money, but in my case it boiled down to around $200 (don't ask) and no regrets. YMMV

12. KenG

KenG Senior Member

For $200 difference it's a no brainer for sure.

MusicLaw likes this.