[HELP] Les Paul Black Beauty 3 Pickups ( change? )

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by nanhonda, May 11, 2011.

1. nanhonda

nanhonda Junior Member

Hey everybody,

This is my first post here and I've looked in many forums but I couldn't find an trustfull answer for my doubt.

So here is the deal...

I have a 2004 Korean Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty with 3 pu and I'd like to change it. Some people told me to change it for Seymour Duncan's, Dimarzio's, or even EMG's.

I usually play metalcore and post-hardcore, like August Burns Red, A Day To Remember, Texas In July, As I Lay Dying, Killswitch Engage, etc. But sometimes I do play somethings softer, like Foo Fighters and Paramore.

It would be nice to have versatility in distortion without compromise the clean sound.

And the question is:
    - Should I spend money changing my pickups or should I buy a new guitar with EMG's for example?

PS: I live in Brazil, and the things here are more expensive than other countries, which difficult things a little bit.

Thank u all!

2. maxxi

maxxi Senior Member

i would just buy another guitar with EMG pickups in it to play metal with, much less hassle than changing those 3 pickups(and wiring it correctly)

3. Nils

Nils Senior Member

If you really like the guitar, change pickups.

Someone who's into metal can tell you what pickups would do it for you. Help with wiring etc is also available on this forum. :)

BTW: welcome!

4. nanhonda

nanhonda Junior Member

Can 'Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White' handle it? Cause I'm really thinking about getting a Gibson and I don't know if I'm going to be happy with it. It comes with those 490R and 498T right?

I'm just asking because lots of people say that: "With Gibson's you can play anything, from jazz to metal, with no problem"

:shock: