[Help] Indentifying Epiphone Humbuckers....

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by Alty, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Alty

Alty Senior Member

I forgot I had these and no idea what they are out of as were given with the same knowledge [none [​IMG]] any pointers would be appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Nick-O

Nick-O Senior Member

Pictures ?

3. Alty

Alty Senior Member

Strange....showing here Nick....hang on a sec....[Updated first post, showing now?]

[​IMG]

4. RTH

RTH €piphoneWiki Team V.I.P. Member

I dont know, but I would probably say that they are older. Maybe just Epiphone generic pickups before they started using the Alnico Classics and the 650/700 sets. Looking at the outputs, I would guess that they are both for the same position since there is only a slight variation.

1 person likes this.
  5. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

Hmm either those adjustment screws are skinny or the base plate hole's are big.

6. Alty

Alty Senior Member

Well, Gibson used the same Humbuckers in both positions in LP's until the 70's so if good enough for them....:shock: :D

Maybe coincidence but they did come to me together and as the wiring was on different sides and a different colour [28AWG] thought they were a set but not sure hence the ask. :)

The screws are 2.90mm at the threaded end.

7. RTH

Uh, yeah. I didnt notice that. :D You are correct. Same pickups, diff positions.

8. chasenblues

chasenblues Senior Member

Not sure what size is considered "normal/stock" but those still look(to me) small when compared to others i've seen,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. RTH

2 people like this.
  10. Alty

Alty Senior Member

How did you find that RTH it was from 2008....:shock: wow....thanks, I have seen only one other pic atm that looks similar and without the branding and that also had no soldering and that was in a 1988 Sheraton apparently [Stock PU]:

[​IMG]

Mmmm!

@ Chase, cheers, I have seen similar pics just got to see what the 'norm' might be, I did think they were snide [Copies] but see the branding is the same as I thought the first 'p' was wrong but it seems to be normal [missing the top of the 'p'], up to now I have found that a Humbucker screw is between 2.90 and 3.00mm so the polepiece screw seems to be the right size.