Hellooooo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MikeS, Oct 20, 2017.

1. MikeS

MikeS Junior Member

Been lurking here for a little while now. Wasn't sure I wanted to contribute but seems like a good group of people here! Anyways....Sitting here Half drunk watching hockey ( ok maybe 3/4 drunk......Was never good at fractions) seems like a good time to pull my head out of the sand and say hello.

little history...

40 year old Canadian,Started playing guitar when I was 15 but gave it up in my early 20s to properly chase down skirts. After marrying the skirt and a couple kids later, I rediscovered the love of playing about 2 years ago. Been seriously woodsheding to make up for the lost time since.

when I was a kid I always wanted an Lp but never had the coin for it. I happened into a local music shop and saw a nice 2015 cherry burst classic. Since then I've got my hands on a 06 and 07 standard. Thought I was content until I started freaking lurking here. All those pretty historics!!!!! and I never thought I'd have gold top fever! This place is bad for my wallet!!

Anyhow, Third period is starting..... just wanted to say hi and look forward to participating and meeting fellow LP lovers!:dude:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  2. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Member

welcome to the forum.

3. bungle

bungle Senior Member

4. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Welcome to the MLP :)

5. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

6. MikeS

MikeS Junior Member

IMG_0803.JPG IMG_1033.JPG IMG_1306.JPG IMG_1308.JPG IMG_1322.JPG Thanks for the welcome. A couple phone pics of my guitars. got a few others besides the LPs

While out with the wife I saw the MIM road worn Tele in the store and mentioned I though it looked cool. Wife and kids bought it for me for Father's Day! Plays quite well for all the MIM stigma that goes around. Have it set up so I can play slide on it. Well play it badly anyways Really digging Open E at the moment, admittedly haven't explored the other tunings too much yet.

The PRS was a total impulse buy. Went into to grab a case for the Tele and saw it on sale. Liked it when I tried it in the store but honestly the more I played my Les Paul's the less I picked up the PRS. Not sure what it is?!? Maybe the scale length, just feels "off" to me. My youngest plays the Ukele, so if she transitions to guitar I'll pass that down to her

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    JonCanfield likes this.
  7. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

:welcome:

Welcome to MLP :applause:

Enjoy the fun and information :thumb: