Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RedRiverII, Apr 5, 2017.

1. RedRiverII

RedRiverII Premium Member

After 54 years and several attempts at getting an electric guitar it has finally happened. Since I was ten whenever I revealed a desire to play guitar someone shoved an acoustic in my hands. I do enjoy folks who like and play an acoustic just fine, but I feel an electric and it's properties.

I'm a newly retired guy living in Fl. I spent the first six months sort of bummed out and feeling less than. In short I was depressed. I knew to get off my anatomy and start moving, but to where, and what. I'm not a golfer, although I can go on a walk on a golf course and enjoy the scenery but why screw it up by getting frustrated trying to put that little ball in a hole so far away.

I could get carried away in this intro so I'll stop short. Someone handed me a Fender Squire and all the old memories came flooding back. The 60's and early 70's were my youthful days. I remember the scenes, the colors, the electric in the air, a sense of justice and fun, rebellion, change the world, the Fillmore, Electric Circus, Sly not showing up, The Allman Bros never leaving. Sounds from guitars that were never intended by the makers.

I was never part of the music. Music was part of the scene. I was part of the scene. Today certain sounds remind me of those days, much like a certain aroma or smell can elicit a memory. After a short search looking for a guitar forum I came across this one. I don't know much about guitars yet, but I do know I like the sound of Gibson's. I just had a little Allman Bros intro float through my mind. Anyway I came here to learn about a Les Paul because my current guitar is on it's way out.

I'll be asking specific questions elsewhere and look forward to your helpful replies. Thank you.

2. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

:welcome:

Welcome to MLP :applause:

Enjoy the fun and information :thumb:

3. Al Walker

Al Walker Senior Member

Welcome!

4. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Welcome to the MLP :)

5. DarrellV

DarrellV Likes > Posts Silver Supporter Premium Member

:welcome:

Your room is ready! :D

Did you pack enough socks and underwear for the duration of your stay? :naughty:

:laugh2::laugh2:

I'm sure you'll find your 'happy space' within the walls of this unique sanitarium... :wave:

6. RedRiverII

RedRiverII Premium Member

Thanks folks.

7. herbalist

herbalist Senior Member

You came to the right place...:welcome: