Hello MLP’ers

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Son of Sobs, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Son of Sobs

Son of Sobs Junior Member

Just joined the Forum -

General info,

Name = Ed

Now live north Suffolk (uk) near Beccles for the past three years following 30 odd years in Essex but original birthplace is Bristol up to the age of 21. Born in 1956 & Married in ‘77 + two grown up children. My Father was Bristolian and Mother Italian from the Campania region. Dad was a football historian/statistician and worked with similar nutters from all over the world. His main lust was grassroots football (he started up Southmead Utd a schoolboy team during the war) & Sinatra.

My Interests are music, history. I like mainly forms of music that the masses had no interest in when they flourished - ie generally hated until the birth of eBay and the such where the foaming and frothing began to inflate the love affair. (Sorry about that, just started to dwell).

I wish I could say I am a musician but that is not the case, I have never had a guitar lesson and merely play solo with the air molecules, so I guess experimental (but no way am I good enough to be called a experimentalist). If I were then you would be looking at a surreal version of Britain has got 4.33 (Nothing). My main drive is finding sound textures that shake the chromosomes

The rig consists of 1. Gibson SG Standard 2. Les Paul Standard 3. Les Paul Classic 4. Another Les Paul Classic 5. Les Paul Studio Tribute ‘50’s 6. Les Paul Studio Tribute ‘60’s . Plus a recent acquisition - a Westfield Les Paul custom (about to do some work on this to get it playable). Also, a Fender USA Standard Strat.
    They all go through a variation of a Marshall JCM 800 1987 / Trace Elliot Velocete / Fender ‘63 Reverb / Electro Harmonix guitar synth / Fulltone tube echo / and other various low fi effects.

Will post pictures if needed

I am still searching for some tone and on some rare occasions almost by accident hit on something of
    interest.

Gentle

paruwi and Who like this.
  2. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Member

welcome to the forum.

3. bungle

bungle Senior Member

4 new members at once. Hmmm :welcome:

4. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Welcome to the MLP :)

5. Son of Sobs

Very cool people, and thank you for the warm welcome.

0CC5327D-481D-4219-A1C3-E0220C781A8D.jpeg

Gentle

6. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Hi Ed,
    welcome here @ MyLesPaul

:wave:

7. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Welcome!

8. Son of Sobs

Hello Pete and regards.

With the introductions taking off looking at your Kraut Rocker id etc do I take it you are a follower of that fabulous music via Can, Amon Duul, Popol Vuh etc.etc

Gentle

9. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

:welcome:

Welcome to MLP Ed :applause:

Enjoy the fun and information :thumb: