Hello from Argentina!!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by martin_vertigo, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Gunner

Gunner CEO Teen Axe Leader V.I.P. Member

No, its just real bad grade 10 Spanish.

2. River

River Senior Member

I'm not trying to start any bad sh*t by a long shot, and please understand my IP connection has reset like 7 times while I've been trying to explain myself. I'm simply trying to convey that I personally feel it's bad form to speak language Y on a language X forum without a verbatim translation included. I really don't think I need to explain myself on that. It's just good manners.

3. River

River Senior Member

I trust you G. But I don't think I should have to resort to a translator as if I didn't. Or as if I was someone else who didn't. KWIM?

4. River

River Senior Member

That makes me feel bad, really it does, because my meaning is justifiably misconstrued. I am, unfortunately, the poster-boy for my own point. If "we" can't understand you, "we" automatically suspect you. I did NOT suspect, I was just trying to be helpful. In the process, I became my own (your) worst enemy. Somehow, though, I think i done right in the end. :acoustic:

5. Gunner

A simple hello has turned into an ongoing dispute? Guido has already said he wont speak Spanish if it offends you which it obviously did. Let me put it this way. I see a horse. Its dead. Lets not beat it anymore. Peace.

6. Guido

Guido The Gweeeed V.I.P. Member

Yeah, no hard feelings here. Hope the same over there

7. River

River Senior Member

I'm tenacious and well-intentioned enough to want my point taken. But I'm really just trying to help, so if I've outlived my usefulness, I'll not call unless called upon. I'm really not capable of hard feeling on this level, honestly. You guys are all cool in my book.
    :hippie:

8. Guido

9. Gunner

Look, no one said your not cool or anything. I simply disagree with you on what Guido did. I see it as harmless and you see it as being disrespectful. Its a difference of opinion. I still think were entitled to that. On that note there is a difference between being tenacious and being stubborn. Your point has been made and is understood quite clearly. There's no need to keep repeating it...were young, not stupid.

10. Guido

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

11. martin_vertigo

martin_vertigo Junior Member

LOL I think my introduction becomes a very passionate debate, it´s look like my Les Paul lost some protagonism... waiting for more comments, suggestions, etc..:D

Regards

Martin

12. Gunner

Martin, this is just a friendly exchange of different points of view, thats all. There's no hard feelings here.

13. Guido

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

14. River

River Senior Member

Neither your age nor your intellect crossed my mind. Just trying to help. No offense intended. Who's young, and who's old?

15. Gunner

If "offence" was intended, I can assure you that the tenor of my posts would have been much different. I assume you have tried in your own way to be of some assistance to us all. Peace.

16. bildozr

bildozr Deliberately Obtuse V.I.P. Member

hey guys
    an innocuos introduction is no big deal.
    i thihnk i jumped the gun when i said I agreed.
    MLP is international. Bigtime. We've got members from every corner of our spherical planet. They all speak a different language. Our common ground here is english.
    But River just meant it would be chaos, if we had all the languages being spoken at once.

However I hope we have not scared Martin away. Threadjackers...

17. Guido

No one meant this to be a chaos, I was just welcoming him in my first language

18. Boleskinehouse

Boleskinehouse Senior Member

I miss LPO68. He'd make a fine addition to this thread! :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

19. Guido

What addition? Something like ''Uh-oh, Im playing my fake Gibby, its just awesome!'' :laugh2::laugh2:

20. Gunner

Chaos? Were not determining world peace or splitting the atom here. Were a bunch of guys who love music and les Pauls. I dont think someone making a new member feel comfortable by speaking in their Native language is advocating chaos or being subversive to the ideals of this Forum. Its a simple welcome....lets leave it at that and move on.