Helix LT fence

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by madmusicltd, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

I should not be giving advice either as I buy everything and then move what I don't bond with...
    That does give me hands on though. I still have my Line 6 Spider IV with FVB Footboard!
    I did sell my HD500X though...and after a short ownership because Helix was released soon after.

That's how I made the choice between Helix and Kemper and I almost bought an AXE...

2. madmusicltd

madmusicltd Senior Member

Just cancelled the POD, I should just pull the trigger on the Helix Floor, and be done with it, it appears that will be on a back-order too at the price offered from Sam Ash...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  3. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

Just Do It!

madmusicltd likes this.
  4. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

What are they offering? Sweetwater won't budge with the free backpack and 48 months financing...

madmusicltd likes this.
  5. madmusicltd

Sp8ctre, I couldn't get anyone to budge either?, until I called Sam Ash on Cyber Monday, I was offered 15% off. that being said....

I bit the bullet yesterday, purchased the Helix Floor, got 15% off (sales person agreed to that offer) plus the backpack (some confusion on the order there too) and, it is on back-order for 7-10 days. I was actually hoping to use it on some upcoming gigs, we will see when it arrives, and how comfortable I am using it. (I signed up for the Sam Ash CC, and got 0% for 12 mo's)

Pop1655, AllTheSound and Sp8ctre like this.
  6. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

Good luck with it! I think you will be pleased. Start downloading patches and IR's so you'll have some stuff to load into it when you get it.

madmusicltd likes this.
  7. madmusicltd

I am guessing first thing is to to the software update? or will it have the latest rev. if is coming direct from the factory now? Haven't even thought about adding patches and I/R's to it yet...

Sp8ctre and mmd like this.
  8. mmd

mmd Senior Member

Check the firmware. We're on 2.30. If it's earlier than that do the update before doing anything else. That way you are starting totally fresh. Using the back-up option seems to create a "bundle" which will erase/replace EVERYTHING - even factory presets. There are ways around it, but being new with the Helix just update the firmware first and all will be right in the world.

madmusicltd and Sp8ctre like this.
  9. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

You'll start adding patches and IR's within a day, but do the firmware first...it's a great suggestion!

madmusicltd likes this.
  10. Sp8ctre

Sp8ctre Senior Member

...my Helix folder says I have 14,000 patch and IR files in it...and I know I have at least 10,000 for the Kemper.

madmusicltd likes this.
  11. AllTheSound

AllTheSound Premium Member

Great choice getting the Helix Floor. that was a really good deal you got and you will save another $300 if you decide to buy Helix Native down the road.

madmusicltd likes this.
  12. madmusicltd

With the discount, comes the wait... back-order status 7-10 days?....