Helix+L2M+Vocals many Questions:)

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by CaptainT, Jun 20, 2017.

1. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

The Helix is very versatile, and has numerous routing capabilities. Some may seem awkward but might suit your needs nonetheless.

As for dedicated instrument inputs the Helix Floor has the Guitar In and Aux Guitar In. There's also a Mic XLR In with Mic preamp, and there are Four (4) (Stereo FX Loops). So aside from the two Guitar Ins, you could mic an Acoustic. The Mic XLR in also works as a Direct In for any gear that has an XLR Out, such as the Line 6 Relay G10's Receiver Base's XLR Out) to bring in a Guitar. The Four FX Returns are also available to bring in an instrument if you so choose, and each of these are switchable for Instrument or Line Level sensitivity.

Also bear in mind that each of the Helix's Signal Paths are Stereo! Thus, you could bring in two FX Returns to the same Stereo Signal Path and Pan one of the FX Returns 100% Left and the other 100% Right. Even if you did not Split the Path to create Parallel Paths 1A and 1B, you could still process the L and R signals and route them out individual outputs (Mains, FX Sends, Stereo Headphones, Digital, USB, etc.) Granted it would be a somewhat bizzare configuration but it could be done.

The StageSource Speakers also support the Helix's L6 Digital Output, which via a single Cable carries Stereo signals to the Spkr. It also has regular Analog XLR, 1/4" and I think RCA Jacks. I don't use one so I'm not entirely sure of the specs.

There's also the option of using a small mixer with the Helix. You could place this before the Helix Inputs, or after the Helix outputs, depending on where it served your needs the best.

Once you actually get hands on the Helix, everything you are now asking and reading about will be available for you to explore. At that point, you'll quickly dial in what works best for your needs.

CaptainT and Donal like this.
  2. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Thanks a lot for all your detailed info!

I was comparing Helix/Helix LT/Headrush and AX8 the last weeks to find the best tool for my needs. While some of the others might Sound better than the Helix in some peoples ears, the flexibility of this Line 6 tool is unchallenged.

I asked all these questions before I´ll go out buying it, so I can be sure that everything I thought about will be possible. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the Helix.

The amp modelling subforum ist just awesome, you guys rock:)

You´ll see my NMD thread in around 6 months then XD

Cheers from Germany,

CT

3. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

"Cheers from Germany"

Tell my daughter hi. She's in week two of a three week tour over there.

CaptainT likes this.
  4. CaptainT

CaptainT Senior Member

Ah, that´s cool. It´s a nice place to live and to visit:)

I think she´ll love the Food. The thing I missed most when I lived in the US (Fort Bliss in El Paso, TX) for 6 months was the German food.