Helix - floor or LT?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by Pop1655, May 10, 2017.

1. joba

joba Premium Member

Pop don't know if anyone mentioned or referred you to Glenn Delaune custom patches?
    https://glenndelaune.com/patch downloads.htm
    Well worth the $. I don't have the sophistication to construct the variety of patches that take two minutes to download. Best of luck with your purchase your really going to enjoy it.

Pop1655 likes this.
  2. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

sidenote: Did the add a return block to the preset deal to run ipad into FX return with a stereo Y cord and it worked great

3. MusicLaw

MusicLaw Senior Member

Congrats Pop! Just came accross this thread today! Now you've got the gear you've always needed :D

Enjoy!

Remember that "All Factory Presets Suck!" I cannot take credit for that phrase, as it was, as far as I know originated by one of Line 6's guys. An enthusiastic wording that the Presets are merely examples. And, more importantly, they were not created using your guitars, spkrs, etc., etc. The Helix is so good, and with your guitars and spkrs together they will do a fine job revealing all sorts of nuances, from each and every one of the Block you add to a signal chain!

One of the best ways to grow with the Helix -- after you have explored the example Presets in Factory Setlist 1, Factory SetList 2 and the Template Presets SetList, is to cook your own! Start with a Looper Block so you can record something and then audition all the Amps, Cabs, FX, and more....

The Helix delivers a vast universe of potential right to your fingertips! Get ready to have a Blast!

Dick Banks and Pop1655 like this.
  4. Eric Smith

Eric Smith Senior Member

I'm electronically challenged, but even I can use mine. Personally I went with the LT. The real difference is what you see on the back panel, I didn't need all of that so I decided on saving $500. Sure there is the whole scribble strip thing but the LT display does that for you. Make loops in snapshots, best idea ever.

mdubya likes this.
  5. Pop1655

Pop1655 Premium Member

Although I agree with you in theory and expected that, I have been very pleasantly surprised.

Totally agree! Another surprise

mdubya, Eric Smith and frankv like this.