Hearing Aids for Musicians – Hearex.com

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Alex, Jul 25, 2017.

1. affordablehearing

affordablehearing Senior Member

Good reasoning here! However, the effectiveness of this may depend on your actual hearing loss. Feel free to send it to me in a message.

The real truth is that even the lowest level of of the technology of a particular product line can give benefit. But the problem comes in the flexibility of programming. There is a lot of difference between the 5 and 9 in terms of the detail of fine tuning. The bells and whistles are great and may not be the sole reason to justify spending more, but what you get in the details of programming can make a huge difference.

Also the thing to consider, which really is the biggest component, is the Analog/digital conversion and the digital/analog conversion. You will be getting the top of the available resolution with the higher end models.

Who and Alex like this.
  2. DeafDumbBlind Kid

DeafDumbBlind Kid Senior Member

I'll have 30 days to make up my mind, although if the lower end model doesn't satisfy me there's no guarantee that the higher end will in spite of its top of the line D/A conversion. It may get too gummed up with extras and I don't know if I'll be able to step back down. I'll have to find out more in 2 weeks when I go back.

affordablehearing and Who like this.
  3. NewDayHappy

NewDayHappy Senior Member

I'll keep you in mind. My old hearing aid which at first glance I thought worked but when I went to the movies with it it didn't really help much at all, I pretty much heard ambience and no articulation in voices or speech.

affordablehearing likes this.
  4. Mockbel

Mockbel Senior Member

Great story Alex..

I started to develop hearing loss when i was around 16.. had 2 surgeries in my left ear which developed to acceptable level...
    Before that i used a hearing aid for a whie..

Now i still can't hear well but i don't use any hearing aid.. considering using one on my right ear

Alex likes this.
  5. zigzag

zigzag Member

Since I paid so much for these, I think I'll keep wearing them until they go. I appreciate your response very much. But I am curious. How could you help me? Is there a ubiquitous group that carries those brands? Could I buy them off of the internet with a program that would allow me to do my own adjusting/fine tuning?