Has anyone tried the Line6 DT25?

Discussion in 'Amp Modeling' started by kevin65, Dec 9, 2011.

1. kevin65

kevin65 Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Line 6 DT 25 amp. It looks pretty versatile. Please, no Line 6 haters adding their 2 cents worth, thanks.

2. Louie

Louie Senior Member

There's a review by a very excited Rob Chappers on YT:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9E2eXXwW28]Line 6 DT25 "The Andertons Dream Rig" - WORLD EXCLUSIVE SPECIAL FEATURE - YouTube[/ame]

Looks like you need the POD HD 300/400/500 as well, to unlock the amp's full potential.

No personal experience with it here, however I'm seriously considering the rack-mounted POD HD Pro for the home studio.

3. kevin65

kevin65 Senior Member

I saw that video and it looks like a pretty cool amp, but the guy in the vid with Rob Chappers is a Line 6 rep, so he would be slightly biased.

4. Jake Blues

Jake Blues Member

Amazing what a really good player combined with a professionally produced sound quality video can do to sell a product.

The DT25 sounds great through that small cab doesn't it?

Had a Flextone III a number of years back that also sounded great at lower volumes but like plastic pushed.

It seems they may have solved that problem with the valve head.

Here is the problem---the DT25 head is listed on MF for 899--the cab 299

I don't see real versatile musicians like myself who have been brought up with the old school setups buying in at that price.

I would probably be interested in the DT25 with Cab in the 5-6 hundred range but no more.

Great video--thanks for sharing---

5. kevin65

kevin65 Senior Member

I think Line 6 are positioning this amp in a level above the other products in it's amp range, and I guess it's not too much money for a valve amp with the features it has providing it is a quality product. If the amp sounds as good in real life and it had a good reliability I would be very tempted. There is also a combo version which would be of interest to me. However, I would be reluctant to buy any amp based on a youtube review alone.

6. nicolasrivera

nicolasrivera Senior Member

I still have my Flextone III as a backup amp, have all my songs programed in it, never failed me and contrary to you i love the sound of it pushed way more then lower, i remember a gig we played in open air one time, after the 6 set i was approached and got huge complements on the sound, no body knew it was a line6 modeler amp because i took out the L6 logo, one guy even asked what brand of 6L6 i was using!! ¡hahaha

Any ways, this new DT25 seems like a real amazing amp, in the Andertons demo all the sounds sounded amazing, imagine if you already own the HD 500 the possibilities in tone would keep you months in a state of bliss.