Has anybody tried Mojotone pickups? Verdict? Comments?

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by monitor2000, Aug 4, 2017.

1. monitor2000

monitor2000 Junior Member

I have been hearing more and more about this companies pickups and all good. I am considering giving them a try but would like a push via some positive feedback from the experts here.

The reason I am interested is that the tone from my Les Paul Studio seems a little more harsh then what I would like.

This is a collection of sorts with some pretty detailed look sees:
    http://darthphineas.com/?s=Mojotone

2. Guitaraxe

Guitaraxe Senior Member

I've heard good things about their Johnny Winter sig' Firebird pickups ...but I have no idea if that is a reflection of their pups in general... Lots out there these days in that price range...

monitor2000 likes this.
  3. darthphineas

darthphineas Senior Member

I suppose the link in the OP indicates I have a little experience with them. Primarily the humbuckers. Very cool company that's one of the easiest to deal with that I've encountered so far. They make good stuff and it's not an issue to get tweaks on your order.

4. moreles

moreles Senior Member

The only Mojotone PU I've used is their gold foil, and it is impeccably made and sounds great in my guitar. Very well done. Sorry I can't help w/ their HB offerings.

5. dmoss74

dmoss74 Senior Member

i got the chance to play a set of their '59 clones at the namm show earlier this year. they had a little iso booth at their floor space at the convention center. they sounded very good. they were loaded into a lp standard (i think. it may have been a gold top). they were very clean and articulate at a clean setting, and sounded nice and earthy with a little dirt added. i didn't try any high gain stuff.

overall, i was impressed.