Hamer pots!

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by richedie, Mar 12, 2008.

1. richedie

richedie Senior Member

Hey guys!

I just got some Hamer pots but I still have that stupid plate in my LP. Do most of you remove those? I have that thing in both my Standards but maybe I should yank em out! Only thing is, then i have to change all my pots to short shaft. LOL.

My one Hamer I just got is 468k and the other is 529k so I guess they still vary a lot like other CTS pots. Seem real solid.

Rich

2. Davey Rockets

Davey Rockets Senior Member

richedie, where did you get Hamer pots? And what values did you get (250? 500k? 300k?)

3. inxs996

inxs996 Banned

hey rich, just what plate are you talking about, is it that silver colored plate that is inside the electronics cavity,

i have a epiphone and don't have that plate, is that something that is just in gibsons...

4. dwagar

dwagar V.I.P. Member

even removing the plate, you may still need long shaft pots.

5. twinrider1

twinrider1 Senior Member

Hold on before you yank that plate. I'm not certain but I think I read that to get the short shaft pots to work you'll still have to dremel out some wood.
    Like I said, I don't know for sure, but check it out.

6. richedie

richedie Senior Member

I got the Hamer pots at BCR Music in PA. You can call them.

How do so many guys use Hamers in their LPs? I know Greg at BCR said I could remove the plate and be set! However, now you guys have me worried. I could try next time I yank the plate. Maybe I'll hold onto these and try, but I'll still need more short shaft pots.

This is the plate in the cavity that holds the electronics. I thikn Gibby does it for production reasons.

7. dressed2kill

dressed2kill Member

It's odd, in one standard I could remove the plate and short pots fit no problem, in my studio not a chance. Worst case lift the plate up with the other pots and see if you can fit the short pots in there, will give you an idea if you need the long pots or not.

8. richedie

richedie Senior Member

Anyone here using them or juts use plain standard CTS?