Halloo oh hapless happenstance, haloo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Leña_Costoso, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Leña_Costoso

Leña_Costoso Senior Member

Glad to be here.

Won't go into storied past, but just lets say that I lost all my amplifiers, all my guitars (except one) in a split up.

Think in terms of Blackface Champ, VibroChamp, Deluxe Reverb, Tremolux, Super Reverb, Bassman, Bandmaster, Showman and Twin Reverb. And a Brown Princeton. And a tweed Champ in a Deluxe cabinet with 12" Celestion (in blackface style) and a tweed Super. Think in terms of five Teles, a Strat, a Guild S100, two Les Pauls, two SGs, two ES333's and other odd items.

So now, instead of all that, I've got a nice SG Classic, LP Tribute, and my Adamas. In a few days, all the parts will be here for a tweed Super (in blackface attire). I'm pretty sure a Tele or Strat will be on my to do list, as well as some sort of ES33x guitar. And a tube reverb. And another tweed Champ done up as before. The plan is to put the tube reverb into another "Super" cabinet (but cut for the reverb unit), and add another pair of 10's in there. A Champ at home, and Super to play out. I'm pretty much good with that.

So, that's me. i've assembled quite a few guitars from Warmoth parts. Got a real liking for stainless frets (they bend like buttah!). I do my own finishing and refinishing. I build amps, have designed a few from scratch. And have built a few clone effects. Heh... I build things better than I play, but I now have more practice time, so hopefully my chops improve again.

And that's about it.

JohnnyN, Harmony and S. Rock like this.
  2. DarrellV

DarrellV Derl Ver.... ERMAHGERD!.........It's a Nerlin! Silver Supporter Premium Member

Wow! That's a bittersweet opening statement! :eek2:
    Sorry for your loss, but glad to have another talented fellow joining the ranks! :thumb:
    :welcome:
    Enjoy your stay and the guys in the amp and builders forums will be glad to meet you!:cheers:

Harmony likes this.
  3. Frogfur

Frogfur Senior Member

I want you to get the help you need soon.

S. Rock likes this.
  4. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Member

welcome to the forum.

5. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Welcome to the MLP :)

6. JonCanfield

JonCanfield Platinum Supporter Premium Member

Welcome! Sorry about the loss of so much goodness, but it sounds like you have a good plan for replacing.

7. Leña_Costoso

Leña_Costoso Senior Member

The one thing I have learned because I can now get the equipment that exactly suits what I'm after.