Haiku guitars

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by korby, Oct 12, 2012.

1. korby

korby Senior Member

2. korby

korby Senior Member

This makes me think they are trying to pass them off as made in Japan but aren't .
    From the site :
    "Haiku Guitars is inspired by the early pioneers of Japanese guitar business"

3. GammyBird

GammyBird Senior Member

Nice. Never heard of them.

4. schoolie

schoolie Senior Member

Haiku guitars rock
    But could be made in china
    mae geri my cash

This is very clever!
    "The quality of Japanese workmanship is well known by players and collectors. Haiku Guitars live up to this high standard."

5. Jazzfinger

Jazzfinger Member

I picked up a 350H a few months back. It has a body like a ES-175 and plays real good. The finish is thin and dull almost like a matte. I sold my Epi Byrdland as the the tone of and neck of the Haiku is a little more to my liking. My Haiku plays too good and was too expensive to be made in China. It seemed to be on par with the MIJ Epi Byrdland. The Byrdland was a little prettier with more shine, but the Haiku palyed and sounded better plus the dull finish gives kind of a vintage vibe. It's a shame that you can find much information on these guitars, I might pick up a Tele copy if I could see some reviews, I don't want to buy one on ebay and find out it has thin necks like the old Tokai's. Anyone out there?

6. Zack

Zack Senior Member

maybe they are chinese and bumping the price to make people assume they are mij?

7. Zack

Zack Senior Member

why is the one on the site a 100% les paul copy but the one on ebay has got a different horn?

8. korby

korby Senior Member

Home Page
    Website now says made in Korea and the price has dropped way down .

9. Jazzfinger

Jazzfinger Member

Just got back from GC. I played a used Haiku 475EXF with built in Compressor and Phaser. It had a serial number in the 100’s it played and sounded great. Didn’t buy because it was $4k and I’m holding out for a tele. My sales rep said GC will carry Haiku’s sometime next year. He heard that Haikus sold in the US recently shifted from Japan to Korea to meet the GC price demands. He think the quality won’t suffer too much since Haiku is doing it like Reverend Guitars with US set ups and custom wiring jobs. I don't know if I agree, MIK guitars can be decent but MIJ is always preferred. I think he said any serial number under 1000 or so should be Japan, so now I’m holding out for a tele copy with a serial number under 1000.

10. jeffc2012

jeffc2012 Junior Member

I just got an byrdland L 350 it needed some setting up the nut needed dressed and filed. It has precise intonation with this scale it's a little tricky. This one has two push pull pots. Pickups are excellent. Extremely versitile and smooth sound. The byrdland scale makes for an light feel. Recommended.

11. korby

korby Senior Member

Mine I'm selling in the emporium is way under 1000 , how sure of this are you .
    [​IMG][/IMG]

12. Jazzfinger

Jazzfinger Member

Went to Guitar Center last night. My rep told me Haikus would be coming later in the year. He also said the “Plush” by Haiku was the first line released in the US in the long before Haikus were made in Korea. Anyone ever see a Plush by Haiku? I was told they are on par with Gibson Historic and that some come with the Jimmy Page wiring. I searched but cannot find any information online.

13. SemiHollowCarrot

SemiHollowCarrot Senior Member

These must have tanked hard. See them on eBay occasionally and they go for around 300.

14. deaninkl

deaninkl Senior Member

Prices are on par with Gibson's and nobody for sure knows where they come from....

Their are a lot of people on this site that know the in's and out's of MIJ, so if no have ever heard of them being manufactured in Japan, they probably aren't.

That's a lot of money for a MIC, without a history. just my 2c.

15. deaninkl

deaninkl Senior Member

Those prices still put them in the same range as new Tokai's on Japan websites...so can't see them beating out MIJ anytime soon...

16. strommer

strommer Member

Their Les Paul style
    Has the horn of an Agile
    Fifteen Hundy? Nah.

They have a Byrdland
    You could play Cat Scratch Fever
    Maybe Stranglehold