GUYS I HAVE THE BIGGEST NEWS OF MY LIFE!

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by treatb, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteEpiLP

WhiteEpiLP Senior Member

Also judging by his pic he looks relatively young so maybe he hasn't done some of the so called milestones of life that some of the older guys around here have. Man i remember when i was 20 i bought my first brand new car, i loved it and that seemed like the biggest thing ever. As time progressed and i got older buying my first home became the biggest moment of my life.
    Its all relative to age, experience and desires of life.

garybaldy and KS 5150 like this.
  2. KS 5150

KS 5150 Senior Member

Absolutely true! I love his enthusiasm :thumb:

3. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

Go fuck yourself. Freedom of speech and all that.

I don't really mean that. Just sometimes we don't need to say or write shit in our heads, we can let others enjoy their moment. Heck, sometimes when people are wrong I don't even bother correcting them!

redozzman, DarrellV, pete and 4 others like this.
  4. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

I'm a crap player, and I sure as hell cannot afford the replacement value if I dropped it. I'm not even sure I'd have the guts to pick it up. :laugh2:

5. treatb

treatb Senior Member

there was no way i was going to pass up the opportunity. i've been a little rusty lately, i happened to practice before i left, and i just happened to bring my pick. i specially make my own picks from a secret material. when i saw it, i couldn't believe my eyes as he pulled it out of the case. sitting across the room. i stood right up and just walked slowly. he just handed it to me and asked if i wanted clean or dirty. i said clean... i've been playing for 12 years now, and i'm very careful. i have a 1955 j45, and 1942 gibson arch top. so taking care of vintage guitars is something i'm used to now. even if the world is full of evil people, because today i take out my j45 to play, and i start noticing some very funny stuff.

i see scratches and indents on the fingerboard from what looks like someone took a screw driver or something and pushed in the wear grooves. looks like someone hammered on the first fret where the b string sits. i found a lot of what appears to be 600 grit sanding marks on the upper left shoulder on the back. a large scratch. on the inside, 4 purfling have been chipped out in a 1 space, 2, space 1 pattern, totaling 4. a brace for the back has a chip now. it appears they used a chemical to remove finish from the shoulder where my arm overlays. they beat it and there are scratch marks like a child has been playing it thinking he's a rock star. on the back i also see what appears to be a punch, or they stepped on it. they smashed in my bridge pins and i couldn't get them out to see what else happened on the inside. a chip is taken out of the headstock. straight through the veneer to the mahogany.

if i ever find out who did this, i will beat them till they can't breath anymore...

KS 5150, zhivago and Kris Ford like this.
  6. treatb

treatb Senior Member

i thought it was weird that i smelled brazilian rosewood when i opened the case...

7. treatb

treatb Senior Member

there is also a line of scratches where they traced the 2nd brace on the back. on the bottom is where it looks like they punched it or hit it with something or stepped on it, idk what they did.

8. treatb

treatb Senior Member

idk what to do, this guitar is the only thing i love. its my second half, there is no woman, its this guitar…the worst part is, its all been clearly set up by my father…he is the one that pushed me to go with them, and it happened to be on a day when we had construction on my building.

9. treatb

treatb Senior Member

this is the guitar, this is my music that i wrote. i've tried my best to write music..

10. judson

judson Senior Member

thanks for that post, good playing, stay inspired

life changes and you may get many opportunities to play many vintage guitars in the future and maybe obtain any of them if you really desire it, its possible, :thumb:

11. Nippon

Nippon Senior Member

Actually, your post is pretty sad.

Shiting on another guys happiness is fairly lame.

12. Nippon

Nippon Senior Member

Nice one.

13. bluesky636

bluesky636 Senior Member

Treatb,

I felt the same way you did when I got to play the real "Goldie" at Rumbleseat Music a few years ago. I'm 63 years old and have had a number of big moments in my life and that was definitely one of them. That's me holding Goldie in my avatar.

RAG7890, KS 5150 and treatb like this.
  14. Angus Blackmore

Angus Blackmore Member

What an utter, utter pr*ck you are Deepblue. Your comment - and the supportive, inclusive nature of this forum - says so much about you. You're clearly a sad, resentful, and possibly lonely person. We feel sorry for you. Leave this forum now, you're not wanted here.

Nippon likes this.
  15. Kris Ford

Kris Ford Senior Member

Wait..you opened up the case and discovered all this?? None of which was there before??

16. tigger

tigger Senior Member

Freedom of speech is a concept that says you cannot go to jail for just saying something. It does not mean you should not expect to be kicked out of a place if you act like a jerk.

Angus Blackmore and Nippon like this.
  17. treatb

treatb Senior Member

right? idk what to do, i woke up feeling sicker than a dying dog today. i've been noticing the neck joint looks like someone has been little by little chipping away at it. i know there weren't those sanding marks on the upper left shoulder. and i find little grooves like someone took a pen to one of the crazing lines. just all sorts of stuff. chipped out wood on the bridge. idk but i saw thin shaving of what appeared to be spruce, so i look inside, and i think they scalloped my bracing...

18. treatb

treatb Senior Member

i took picture of the inside and the bracing is scalloped.

19. treatb

treatb Senior Member

they killed the sustain, it just dies out now..

20. treatb

treatb Senior Member

this is my trigger. this is my lucille. my pearly gates. it doesn't sound the same, and the string height is higher because of the less the strength in the top, and idk what to do

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.