GUITARS-The Museum, a work in progress

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by GooCart, Apr 3, 2013.

1. alk-3

alk-3 MLP Sponsor

Great to see you here Fredrik! Can't wait to get the updates on facebook!

1 person likes this.
  2. GuitarsTM

GuitarsTM Junior Member

Thanks Tom! Feels really good to be here at MLP. I'm looking forward to posting updates here and at our Facebook. We will launch the facebook site to the Europeans on friday at noon GMT. Right now you guys at MLP are the only ones that knows that it exists :)

1 person likes this.
  3. decoy205

decoy205 Senior Member

This is so cool. I wish i could go!

4. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

It's been a while since the last update but things are going great with the project. We're in the middle of launching the project for a wider public. For a couple of weeks ago we had Mick Taylor from the magazine Guitarist here, I think he liked what he saw, they'll do a pretty big cover of the collection with seven pages in the September issue. We just can't wait to see it:D
    Other than that we have done some press release interviews in Stockholm for both national and international media, Fredrik is really good at these things but it's all new for the brothers but they're slowly growing in the roll. What more,,,ah, did I mention that we have a hot air balloon?

[​IMG]

And here's a photo taken from the balloon, showing the building where it all will take place.

[​IMG]

The never ending story of the photo session continues, here's a pretty cool '74 Gretsch.

[​IMG]

I'm doing some work on one of the Les Pauls, a '56 GT that had been refinished and converted to humbuckers some time way back. The conversion wasn't done in the way we're used to see it today, it was pretty rough but it'll look fine when I'm done with it, it'll never be original again, the modifications was to extensive but it'll be a cool guitar. I'll get back with some photos of the guitar once it's ready.

I'm sure Fredrik can chime in with some more information later on but until then I think I'll go play some guitar:jam:

3 people like this.
  5. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

Love the balloon.It all looks fantastic Mike B.

1 person likes this.
  6. Chilli

Chilli Senior Member

Guitar heaven... thanks for keeping us posted.

1 person likes this.
  7. GuitarsTM

GuitarsTM Junior Member

Hello. it´s been a while since my last check in here at the forum. Here´s a summary on what´s happened in august/september. In the beginning of aug we had Mick and Joby from Guitarist magazine in Umea. The bros. set up the entire collection for our guests to see. It took Sam&Mike seven (7) days to create a temporary exhibition for Guitarist magazine to see and document. You will see the result in the october issue of the mag. A little note on the side is that I scheduled the guys for a seven (7) hour session with the twins and the guitars…might seem like a long time for an interwiev. Their comment was - "We could have stayed in there for seven weeks" :)…and I also might add that it´s goin to be a seven (yes 7) page piece in the Oct issue of Guitarist. A lot of sevens there.

On the 19th of september Guitars - The Museum will be present at Bernie Spain Gardens in London. UK. We are part of the Umea Capitol of Culture 2014 event goin on there. If you are in London, feel free to drop by and say hello. I´l be there from noon til´ sundown.

The building site. What can I say? It's full throttle right now, dust is my middle name and there are numerous things to be done. But the spirit's high. All the best. / Fred.

ps. check out www.facebook.com/GuitarsTheMuseum for more news. ds.

1 person likes this.
  8. retrobob

retrobob Senior Member

This is amazing!! :dude: :applause: :thumb:

9. circles

circles Senior Member

How about a travelling show of a cross section of the collection for those of us who can't make it there? :^) Look forward to finished pictures.

10. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

Hey, that's actually a pretty cool idea!
    I guess that the insurance and shipping cost would be astronomic though....

11. LP G

LP G Junior Member

It would be great if "members of a club" from around the world could have a chance to volunteer for a day or a couple hours or so and get some special privilages. Kinda like a backstage pass. Id be happy to clean a few guitars just so I could hold them. I know some people would rather just pay for that privilage than volunteer, but not me, I know it takes a lot of work to keep a place like that going. Im from the US so its going to take me a few years to get there.
    You asked for ideas...thats mine

4 people like this.
  12. Greg's Guitars

Greg's Guitars Senior Member

Cool bro...

13. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

Thanks for the idea, it's really great to get some input.
    Your idea is cool and we have discussed how we can give guys like you a chance to be participating in some way, maybe some kind of club membership but we haven't got the details worked out yet.
    Don't worry about the time it'll take for you to get here, the museum is here to stay and wont be going anywhere.

So guys, take LP G's post as an encouragement to come up with more ideas and thoughts, we're clearly interested in listening to what you have to say.

14. flameburst

flameburst Senior Member

Just read the write up about this museum in Guitarist mag, issue 373. Got myself two copies as i could see it becoming well thumbed. Some excellent photographs of some very special guitars in there. Well worth buying if you don't yet have a copy.

Nice cover feature about the 2013 Historics too and some vintage eye-candy mixed in.

3 people like this.
  15. GuitarsTM

GuitarsTM Junior Member

Flameburst! That's very cool. That you got two (2) copies of Guitarist 373. We are very happy with the article and the awesome pictures of the very rare guitars in the collection. Meanwhile in Umea, photo shoots are progressing: Behind The Scenes | Guitars - The Museum
    All my best
    /Fred.

1 person likes this.
  16. GuitarsTM

GuitarsTM Junior Member

Hello! Please meet Sam&Mike, interwieved in Umea, aug 2013 by Mick Taylor/Guitarist Magazine. [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vqXPwu0kQ"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1vqXPwu0kQ[/ame]

Have a nice weekend!
    /Fred and the GTM-crew.

6 people like this.
  17. zoork_1

zoork_1 Senior Member

Lysande att sakerna används och det svänger ett gäng!

Thanks, great to hear that the "gear" is played, and great playing....:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  18. SirPsycho

SirPsycho Senior Member

Awesome.... just awesome!!!!!

19. GuitarsTM

GuitarsTM Junior Member

The construction is moving forward. Here´s a picture of one of the rooms in the museum. As you can see the ceiling is getting in place. We got like 4 month to the opening of Guitars - The museum and now it´s starting to take shape. Have a nice weekend everbody! Best // Fred.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  20. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

The photo session for the big book continues. This is one of 89 guitars down on file the last couple of weeks, a total of 200 guitars have been documented now. We are getting there!
    A really cool All Gold '52.

[​IMG]

9 people like this.