GUITARS-The Museum, a work in progress

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by GooCart, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Shadowplayer

Shadowplayer Senior Member

Hmmm...you dont seem to understand this concept of the Best Fricken country in the World...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfK9UPEQavo]'MURICA - YouTube[/ame]

But in a much MUCH more serious tone, if there is a book, I will definitely buy it. I think what your doing is wicked cool. Cant wait for the V's and the LP's. What would be cool (and also a little time consuming) would be to do some sound demonstrations of some guitars. But thats just a friendly suggestion. Carry on the good work

2 people like this.
  2. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

Some kind of sound demonstration would be super cool, I don't think we have the time for a serious recording session though but let's see what we can do.

2 people like this.
  3. voices

voices Senior Member

whats the serial # of that Moderne?

4. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

As I'm just some kind of spokesman here I don't know much about the serial numbers. It's one of those 80's reissues, that's all I know.

5. alk-3

alk-3 MLP Sponsor

Magnus. You could post 100 pictures a day here and I don't think anyone would complain! Just awesome to see this stuff. I'm almost (well, not quite) as interested in the photography as I am the guitars!

5 people like this.
  6. Stone76

Stone76 Senior Member

I'm wetting my pants as I read this topic.
    Next time we play Stockholm sure as sh*t I'll meke the extra drive up there.

1 person likes this.
  7. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

Thunderbirds can be really cool!!

I used the studio lightning again, my camera suck bad compared to the pro camera, but it still look so cool!! I love these custom color Thunderbirds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a video clip, the quality is really bad but the bass is so cool, '63 Pelham Blue Thundebird.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWu3wmPN5t4]Guitars-The Museum photo session#3 - YouTube[/ame]

Now we'll take a break from the photography for about a week, but I'll update with more photos when I can. Next up on the agenda is to complete the general layout of the displays and showcases.

9 people like this.
  8. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

Now we have been shooting some more photos for a couple of days, guitar after guitar, hour after hour. Some might find it really boring but we're having a great time with all the guitars. I don't remember all guitars we have had today and yesterday but some stand out from the crowd and I'll show some of them here.

First we have a really nice '53 Fender precision bass in really great condition. Here it is on the cleaning table.

[​IMG]

And here it is ready for the perspective shoot.

[​IMG]

The headstock on the '53 is thinner than the later ones.

[​IMG]

A pretty cool '65 Jazzbass.

[​IMG]

And one of the Vs. I think this is the '58.

[​IMG]

So we was thinking. You know this lutier Max with the amazing burst and V replicas, here's a easy way to make your own Max V.

First, grab a cup of your favorite hamburger dressing.

[​IMG]

Then carefully place it on your original Flying V

[​IMG]

And there you go, instant Max Flying V.

[​IMG]

To our excuse I might ad that we where tired:D

9 people like this.
  9. Shadowplayer

That V is amazing and the 65 Jazz is intriguing me. Love the beat up look of guitars and bass's

10. alk-3

alk-3 MLP Sponsor

The v's are so amazing. It's all so amazing. This is really a vintage guitar nuts nirvana..
    Love the quick and easy Max V! Haha

11. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

We've been working with the layout of the catalog. Here's a quick draft with some low res copies. The text is just copy/pasted from wikipedia. I wish I could show it in a bigger resolution but this will have to do. You get the idea at least.

What you see is a full spread, two pages per guitar, the left page will have a "artistic" touch with the perspective photo and the right will be more informative.

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  12. Shadowplayer

I like it. its got everything. However I would like to offer the suggestion (whether you take it or not) of having the pages flipped so the info and the body shots are on the right and the "artistic shot" is on the left. But I like the 2 pages per guitar thing. But now that I am looking at it more, the layout is more sensible than from a first glance.

13. alk-3

alk-3 MLP Sponsor

it looks great! - but I have a question. Will this catalogue contain just a few of the guitars, or will this really be more like a real book? if you guys can get high quality books printed up, I bet they would be very popular!
    I can't immagine fitting all the hundreds of vintage pieces in, but certainly you wont have a shortage of material to use :thumb:

1 person likes this.
  14. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

The plan is to cover more or less the entire collection, to this day i don't really know exact how many guitar we're talking about but I guess it's around 250-300 that will be covered. Than we have all the amps and drums and what not.....So we're talking about a book of at least 500 pages, a high quality coffee table book. That's the idea at least.

3 people like this.
  15. alk-3

alk-3 MLP Sponsor

That's exactly what I wanted to hear! I know a lot of guys would love to have that book.

1 person likes this.
  16. Shadowplayer

I will buy it. Just dont make it like a thousand bucks or anything like that

17. larrysz92

larrysz92 Junior Member

Awesome WORK!!!

18. Progear

Progear Premium Member

Brilliant !!!. What an awesome book it will be..

I'm in..

19. theNARDdog9

theNARDdog9 Senior Member

I would buy that book in a heartbeat! This is an incredible, can't believe I'm just now finding it :wow:

20. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

It's really fun to read the you guys like the book idea.
    We have been shooting guitars after guitars for weeks now, not much to update but I'll try to post some photos of some of the more interesting guitars in a couple of days.

2 people like this.