GUITARS-The Museum, a work in progress

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by GooCart, Apr 3, 2013.

1. alk-3

alk-3 MLP Sponsor

This coming from someone so lazy they can't even google how to spell 'Louvre' while they are physically sitting at their computer surfing the internet.

Have you even visited Guitars - the Museum?

Can you upload some pictures of the guitar museum you created and show us how you display your collection of hundreds of the rarest guitars in the world for everyone on the planate to view at their leaser - behind low iron glass with anti reflective surface to make the experience as transparent and enjoyable as possible so that we can all learn how to properly display these items? I didnt think so.

6 people like this.
  2. yeti

yeti Senior Member

:cool:

2 people like this.
  3. alk-3

alk-3 MLP Sponsor

I didn't put a "(sp?)" behind those. Honest mistakes don't count as lazy. Haha!

2 people like this.
  4. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

Here's another reason to visit the museum, or in this case, the pub;

[​IMG]

"We've dialed this beer up to max with a power riff of new world hops from New Zealand and the USA, added late in the boil to capture aromas of lychee and passionfruit over a bass beat of biscuit and honey malt notes"

5 people like this.
  5. RAG7890

RAG7890 Premium Member

Sounds like........."designer" Beer Magnus. :)

I look forward to sharing a few with you in due course.

Cheers, Rudi

1 person likes this.
  6. mitsteig

mitsteig Junior Member

Just read this thread start to finish. Fascinating. I really enjoyed watching this whole thing as it came together and really want to come over and see the museum. Thanks for sharing!

7. Thomas/Sweden

Thomas/Sweden Senior Member

Great and fascinating stuff!

Jag får väl ta mig en tur dit snart.

Mvh, Thomas

8. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

Thanks guys! Rudy, it'll be fun to show you the place over a couple of cold ones:thumb:
    Thomas, samla ihop några polare och kom upp, det är rätt nice här!

2 people like this.
  9. ajory72

ajory72 Senior Member

2 people like this.
  10. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

Magnus it looks wonderful,if i ever get over to Europe again i will have to come to see the museum.Amazing job.Thanks again Mike B.

1 person likes this.
  11. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

Thanks, you're more than welcome:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  12. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

Here is one you can show the brothers ,that my friend Hank just unearthed.So far no one has seen another ,A 1959 ES-355 in factory Blond with the matching GA-83 amp all with covers and in amazing shape.I have seen 1960 -61-62 Blond Es-355's but so far no one has come up with a 1959 Es-355 in Blond.Maybe the only one on the Planet??Thanks again for the wonderful venue you guys created,Mike B.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

Matching GA-83.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

Couple detail shots.Mike B.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  15. mbowen

mbowen Premium Member

When i used to own the 1959 Es-355 in Factory Black that Keith R and the Stones use now i was told there were 3 Blacks made in 1959 and 2 whites made.I have never seen a Blond 59 before the one above and none of my friends as far as i know have either.Thanks Mike B.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

That's some really cool 355ers (how do you write 335 as plural...)

I don't remember if I have posted this before but anyway,here's one of the brothers blondies, a early '58 dot marker, previously owned by Larry Dimarzio if I remember it correct.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  17. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Senior Member

My comments do not reflect any personal attacks or personal vitriol. True, i am lazy and dont know how to spell Louvre. Also true, statements made can and do hurt feelings. I have been very fortunate to travel the world and visit many historical places. But to personally attack someone because of spelling or somehow make the leap from assumption to fact without evidence seems ilogical. i was just commenting on the fact that a guitar placed 10 feet above the ground and 5 feet deep makes a visual experience as far as Guitars are concerned less appealing. True, Guitars are Art, but also were made to be handled, they are a 3 dimensional piece of art that one would like to inspect and be able to view up cose every from bridge to machine heads. My good friend Bobby Dinero said its beneath one to name drop, so i wil refrain. My comments were objective observations about the construct of the displays. If one needs a college degree or spend decades of mentorship in architectural design to realize that Vintage guitars should be displayed in a way that the guitar can be viewed close enough so that each visitor could have their own unique personal experience, then god help you. The way some Guitars are displayed appears to take away from anyone wanting to have a unique experience. The displays appear to be isolated, cold and distant; which are opposite to why anyone would pick up a guitar in the first place. hugs and kisses.

18. GooCart

GooCart V.I.P. Member

You're entitled to your own opinion but it would make more sense if you had been at the museum before you make your judgment. So if you ever visit Sweden and have a couple of days to spare, don't hesitate to visit us up here in Umeå. Me and the brothers would be glad to give you a guided tour. And we have our own beer:thumb:

5 people like this.
  19. Alvinfan

Alvinfan Senior Member

I kind of don´t like your attitude or oppinions, but the fact that you write
    "Guitars" with capital letters while writing "god" in small letters, show that you are OK after all :thumb:
    Peace !

2 people like this.
  20. alk-3

alk-3 MLP Sponsor

My point exactly. You have not been to the museum, nor do you know what it takes to design one. None of the guitars are five feet deep in the display. Your assumptions are certainly not based on fact at all.

Everyone else in this thread is enjoying the process and are thankful that this collection can be enjoyed by all, except you. If you don't like it, than put your collection on display for everyone to enjoy the way you think it should be done.

I hope you do get a chance to visit the museum, and see for yourself that it's absolutely jaw dropping.

5 people like this.