Guitar Rig why am I so stupid..

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by goatbreath, Nov 23, 2010.

1. goatbreath

goatbreath Banned

Well I have wasted several hours of my life trying to install this guitar rig thing I bought myself..Guitar rig session i/o..The usb box thingy is lighting up but I have no sound..I may take it back to the shop tomorrow and beat them to death with it EH!! take it in with my laptop and try and see if they can install it.

I also have a disc it comes with with Cubase LE on it but I had a look when I put the disc in my machine and I am far too stupid no understand the nomenclature,,eh computer talk.to get specific would take several lifetimes..I guess I am a digital dumbass.

I even had a few cigarettes and I have stopped smoking..It gave me a banging headache..I also only played a wee bit guitar in the morning..I was looking forward to a long session with my guitar rig and Cubase..
    It's just not fair.:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Shadowplayer likes this.
  2. Electric_Sunshine

Electric_Sunshine Senior Member

I wouldn't beat them to death with it.

Maybe look for some instructions online?

3. Lpendes

Lpendes Senior Member

Have you installed the drivers for the i/o? And if so on cubase go to Device and device setup then when the box pops up find the guitar rig driver in the drop down thing.... i believe that would explain it?

4. ijustdontgiveaf

ijustdontgiveaf ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

is this any helpful??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeEL8Q5FhlA]YouTube - Guitar Rig Session - Setup[/ame]

also what kind of pc do you have? does it fit the specs?

i don't have guitar rig session myself, but i know my way very well around computers, so i might be able to help?

5. SoloDallas

SoloDallas Senior Member

Mate,
    especially if you are about using GR4, you much likely will love it.
    I have been using modelers for the past two years, almost exclusively, and it was a great experience.
    The initial "fighting" with the technology is a classic, but soon to be gone.

6. tolm

tolm Bigsby Junkie Premium Member

Are you on Mac or PC?
    Are you looking to use the PC/Mac speakers or do you have speakers plugged in to the USB I/O interface?

The reason I ask is this: if you are trying to use the I/O device for input (i.e. your guitar is plugged in to it) but your computers soundcard for output (i.e. speakers plugged in to it) then you need to create an 'Agregate ASIO Device'. This means combining the I/O module and the computers soundcard into a single logical sound device that you can then select as the audio device in Guitar Rig.

On a Mac, go to Applications -> Utilities and run Audio / MIDI Setup.
    - Click on the + at the bottom left to 'Add Agregate Device' and then select the sound devices you want to include (Built-in Output and whatever your USB I/O module shows up as)
    -Run Guitar Rig and select the new device for use under Preferences -> Audio/MIDI

This sorted the same issue when I had it - although bizarrely I can only get sound through headphones ( I guess Built-in Output is the phones/optical out jack, something else must be the internal speakers)

On a PC (Windows) I think you need some 3rd party software to create aggregate devices - EasyASIO, or something like that.
    Hope that helps.

7. loveboat

loveboat Senior Member

I had the same problem.

Is it Guitar Rig software 4 and Rig Kontrol 2?

In that case you have to run the Configurator first. Then the software and hardware will speak with eachother and you get sound.

I was about ready to give up, the configurator didn't recognize the pedal either, but after just running it a few times sound magically appeared in Guitar Rig, and I've been in love with it ever since!

Feel free to PM me questions if you want.

8. goatbreath

goatbreath Banned

OK thanks everyone,,I have windows and the problem is nothing coming through the headphones..I had the metronome going through the computers internal speakers,,but couldn't get sound from the guitar at all.I was getting no input signal from the guitar on the LED things..I don't have a third party device and I reckon this could be the problem.

The programme doesn't seem to be running to the same pages it is supposed to.

I am going to go up to the Music Shop shortly,with laptop and,Guitar rig.They said it was ok to go up..

I value your recommendation Solo Dallas,,I got the whole package for £80 a bit of a bargain..I want to send riff ideas to fellow bandmates over the web..To actually use a programme on the computer seems like a good idea..Also my house is tiny so I can't leave stuff set up all the time or I trip up over it.:laugh2: So it seems like a practical solution..

again,,Thanks to everyone..

9. tolm

Exact thing I had - metronome fine but no guitar sound. That means Guitar Rig is using your PCs soundcard. Not sure where the setting is but try changing it to the USB I/O device. If I'm right, you'll see the input 'LED bars' on the GR window registering the input when you play but it'll now have no speakers so still no sound - not even metronome.

I can see two options:

1) Make sure guitar AND headphones are plugged in to the USB I/O device; set GR to use the I/O device. Computer speakers will now not work but headphones (plugged in to the USB I/O device) should

2) If you want to use the computer speakers or the computers headphone socket, you'll need to create an aggregate device.

If you're just looking for headphones and the USB I/O thingy has a headphone socket, option 1 gets my vote as significantly easier!!!

Sorry, but I don't know where the Audio Device options are on the Windows version but I'd guess at either Preferences or Options off the File or Edit menus on the top menubar.

Good luck!

10. Feeling Supersonic

Feeling Supersonic Banned

I use the guitar rig Kontrol edition 3 with Logic and it took me days to work out how to plug it in correctly and record.

Recording and understanding the software/hardware really isn't for me.

It demoralizes me every time!

11. tolm

12. Happy Grumpz

Happy Grumpz Senior Member

I have been looking at those, they look fecking ace :slash:

13. V!N

V!N Senior Member

14. Happy Grumpz

Happy Grumpz Senior Member

Jesus christ, Goaty forgot to put his teeth in this morning!!! :shock:

15. goatbreath

goatbreath Banned

:lol::lol::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Very good..It could be the same goat in my avatar..

Problem was my computer is 64 bit not 32 bit or something like that..
    The basic guitar rig bit is working but it comes with other gumf I will have to sort out.

I ended up talking to a couple of guys one who used to keep goats telling me that they do indeed have quite nasty breath,,you also have to watch what they eat as they are inclined to eat anything..Sounds just like me..Apart from my breath,,that smells of pickled onion monster munch..

Anyway there is still the Kore programme and Pop drums.I hope it is actual drum patterns..Don't know exactly what they are plus Cubase to install..Hell on earth..I've had 3 hours kip so installation/frustration will be at a later time.

The Cubase comes with no instructions and I may have to update it to 64 bit..I don't know if I will succeed.

At least I have something basic to get started with.

Edit..:wow::wow:Look at the building in the background..It is the same goat..:dude::dude:

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Member

Is the volume turned up on your guitar?

:D

17. goatbreath

goatbreath Banned

fixed.

18. Nicky

Nicky On The Road Less Traveled Premium Member

Beat me to it. I got a Peterson StoboTuner two years ago, plugged in my guitar, and it would not work. I messed with it for hours. I finally said, screw it, plugged the guitar into my amp - no sound. Rolled the little volume knob up on the geetar, and, Presto! ....UGH!:D

19. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Senior Member

I hate it when that happens.

Glad ya got 'er fixed, Goaty.

20. BumbleB

BumbleB Junior Member

Hi there,

I seem to be having this exact same program and trouble Would like some help and guidance if possible to get the sound/audio working!
    Pretty please!!
    I am not quite tech savy but do follow directions as follows by instructions. Which configurator are we talking about?