Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by EvLectric, Mar 24, 2010.

1. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

Hey-yo! I guess I'll use my 101st post to introduce myself (I honestly didn't even see the introduction thing 'til week before last). I'll try not to get too long winded about this. :fingersx:
    Well, for starters, my name's Everette Bigbee, I play guitar & I drink too much:hmm:. I'm 46, From Charleston, SC, & have been playing since a little before my birthday, Dec. 26th, 1972. I was lucky/unlucky to have an older brother that turned me on to most things cool in RnR (Allmans, Winter, Hendrix, Focus, Grand Funk, Purple, Sabbath, etc.) at an early age. If you go here:
    Burst Serial Log
    The two pics middle bottom row are my now deceased brother playing Duane Allman's Hot'Lanta (yep, the real one) in the later mid 70's. I was bugging him to let me go, but he gave me a joint & 10 bucks to go away. I didn't think that was a great deal then, & even less so now. :hmm:
    I met my first drummer, oddly enough, on my birthday, Dec. 26th, 1975! He & I formed a band named Raven. We were together 'til 82, lived part of that time in Atlanta (where I have lived several times) , played countless gigs, & in general learned how to live & breathe Rock n Roll. :slash:

I'm lucky/unlucky enough to still play for a living. In case you're wondering, the Lucky/Unlucky thing comes from my statement "Everything good that I have came from the guitar-everything good I DON'T have came from the guitar. I'm far from a rich man, but damn I've had some fun! :dude:
    I've gotten to play some real Fifties Gibsons (almost bought a 57 Lester refin to sunburst in 82 for $2000! I still dream of that one:sadwave:), Fenders, Gretches, & Guilds. I’ve played in all kinds of cool bands playing some cool music. I've been offered record deals, turned down record deals (one of the girls from TLC, yes, the ones who went on TV screaming about getting ripped off in their deal offer me the same deal with their name scratched out, ours written in!).:lol: The good thing is I really still love these wooden planks we call guitars.

So much for short winded.:)

If you wanna check out some of my tunage, go here:
    Everette Bigbee on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    there's solo & older music & pics of some of my gear(I really need to update this site)

This is one of my bands, Stained Glass Wall:
    Stained Glass Wall on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Stained Glass Wall | Charleston, SC | Rock / Classic Rock / Progressive | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation
    They're my not so in your face, more song oriented band. My singer has a wonderful voice...

I, on the other hand, do the best I can...
    This is my in your face, more guitar oriented band, Monster15:
    Monster15 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

A partial present gear-ology:
    68 Goldtop (inherited from my brother) modded to hell
    77 Marshall 50w combo(also inherited from my brother), modded by Bilco Amps - Bilco Amps on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    FatKat Plexi clone w/ 2-12 cab - FatKat Amplification on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    mid 70's Memphis Solid maple top Honduran back Set neck Les Paul copy with a neck like a 66 sg - probably my best (to me, at least) playing Lester I've ever owned reminds me of the afore mentioned 57 refin
    late 80's(I think) Burny Super Grade
    70's Aria pro 2 Carved (a Dragon!) Strat w/ Warmoth neck
    EBMM Petrucci-my main axe I guess
    Xaviere Shelltop
    Line 6 Acoustic Variax - I love this thing!
    Seventies Marquis D-41 copy - my fave acoustic it melts in my hands even though it's really a piece of crap I've been offered a $1400 Guild in trade - NO WAY!
    A handbuilt Godfrey double neck built for me
    67 Melody Maker
    Laney 2-10 VC 30
    Line 6 AX 2 2-12
    2 Peavey USA Predators
    80's Chandler Tube Driver My favorite box EVER!!!
    80's Real Tube
    There's more but...

OK, I think that's about enough. I'm really enjoying & proud of being in the MLP family. Thanks!
    Everette Bigbee :thumb:

Attached Files:

2. planks

planks Senior Member

Cool to read your thread! I joined in February too and Welcome :thumb:

3. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

Thanks, Planks! And welcome to you too. I bet you liked the "The good thing is I really still love these wooden planks we call guitars" part. :D
    I like the JP avatar.

4. Slick

Slick Senior Member

Cool intro :cool: Welcome :thumb:

5. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

How nice of MySpace's music player not to work the day I post this. :mad: :wtf:
    EDIT - My Bad - I forgot Firefox wanted me to update in the middle of putting all this together. Oops!

6. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

Thanks Slick.

7. Barker

Barker Senior Member

Evlectric welcome to MLP! :thumb: You actually joined a few days before me, but welcome man!

I enjoyed your introduction write-up, and your "tunage" sounds great.... I really enjoyed it, it's right up my alley! :applause:

Cheers mate!

8. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

Why thank you Barker, thank you very much (he said in his best Elvis voice). Hey, for y'all Blues-lovin' UK guitarists, check out Spikedrivers. The guitarist, Ben Tyzack, was the other guitarist in my first band Raven, and he'll flat out hurt your feelings playing Robert Johnson! Kinda weird that the British guy grows up to play the blues, & the American southern boy plays British style rock. :hmm:Check 'em out! Tell him I said hi if you do.
    www.spikedrivers.net
    Spikedrivers on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Edit - I guess I should say y'all Blues-lovin' European guitarists, I just checked their site. They're all over the place!

9. Gunner

Gunner CEO Teen Axe Leader V.I.P. Member

Welcome to the darn best LP Forum on the Net!

10. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

And thank you, Gunner!

11. mobprop667

mobprop667 V.I.P. Member

welcome to the herd.

12. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

MOO! Thank ya, man!

13. JIM'S GoldTOP

JIM'S GoldTOP Senior Member

14. TKOjams

TKOjams Senior Member

Let's keep the Goldtop Avatar streek going!!

:cheers:

15. EvLectric

EvLectric Senior Member

Cheers, TKOjams! :dude:

16. TKOjams

TKOjams Senior Member

:applause::dude:

Cheers bro! Ha, ha.

17. spacebubby

spacebubby The MLP Princess

Welcome. :)

18. AmazingJourney