Greetings from a very small land..

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by StingyCH, Feb 13, 2017.

1. StingyCH

StingyCH The Bearded Baron Premium Member

Hello there,
    my name is Christian, i'm from Switzerland. I just did my subscription here after some lurking-only time :D (sorry for that..).

I play guitar since ages (i'm 41 now), just left around my 20's and then back to my old six strings love around '00..

I currently own 3 guitars:

A Gibson LP Traditional "2015" (yeah i know the hate about those..), in HB, with a pretty nice flame top, modded with Grover Locking tuners (no love for the G-whatever, tried a lot but it isn't for me) and 490R/498T pups.

A Les Paul Studio in black with Gold HW, pretty original..nothing modified

An American Standard Strat (latest addiction to the family since i got a bargain because of the new introduction of the "Professional" line.

Below you can find some picks of my guitars. But...i have a question for you guys (and girls)..

In 2004 i had a beautiful LP Custom, which was stolen from me and never found :( the guitar was from '86 and was in lovely condition beside some minor road scar. At the time, it was my one-and-only guitar, just her, a Boss GT6 and my JCM 800 1x12 Combo. After this episode i never purchased another steep priced guitar anymore, and the most expensive i have currently is my 2015 trad which i've got as, let's say, a bargain. Now, after this TLDR :D my question is: i have an "itch" for having back a LPC in my house. The choice would be a new one, black with chrome HW. It's worth to sell my guitars (the 2 LP's) to buy this one? Are new LPC (beside the richlite thing) any good? I won't put a big hole in my budget since i'm gonna be married in september, so it's better when i can sell at least the two Paulas and just add the difference. I really love those LP's i have, they sound and play great, especially the Traditional, while the Studio was hand picked by me after a long search and it's one of the best i've seen/played until now (she's also in mint condition to be a 7 years old guitar). Any suggestion? :slash:

P.S..i know my english isn't perfect..sorry for that too :(

Attached Files:

2. Donal

Donal ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Premium Member

Grüezi
    Herzlich Wilkommen
    Cordial beinvegni
    Bienvenue
    Benvenuto

:welcome:

Welcome to MLP :applause:
    and greetings from Zurich ;)

3. Kostas.

Kostas. Senior Member

Even though I just bought a Custom and I'm thrilled I'd say it's not worth to sell two guitars you like for one unless you hand pick one out of many and the price is really good.

Welcome.

4. JohnnyN

JohnnyN Old School Premium Member

Welcome to the MLP :)

5. StingyCH

Thanks, greetings from Tessin :naughty: i have a bit of my heart there in Züri

Thanks Kostas, indeed it's hard for me because i won't find many Customs to try around here..plus i really wanted the chrome hardware version, which is even rare :)

Thank you :cool:

6. paruwi

paruwi Kraut-Rocker Super Mod Premium Member

Grüezi aus Deutschland

:wave:

7. DarrellV

DarrellV Almost 1 Year old this month! Premium Member

Well, I only know English, but I don't think yours is bad at all! No worries! :wave:

I dare say there are natives here in the US of A that don't speak as well as you! :shock:

:welcome:

Enjoy your stay !

8. StingyCH

Grüeeeezi sir :thumb:

thanks Darrell, same in my mother language..sometimes you read people around and you just want to grab their ears and get 'em back to school..like...elementary school :laugh2::laugh2:

9. LPMarshall Hack

LPMarshall Hack Senior Member

Welcome! Switzerland is on my bucket list.

10. DarrellV

Oh, Man! I LIKE this guy!! :thumb:

And I thought it was just me all these years and we were the only place cursed with illiteracy! :shock:

Yeah, that pretty much sums up my reaction to it too, and more so if it is a big company sending out reading material with typos in it! :wow:

That really ticks me off! You have how much money and you let THAT out the door? Do they know how stupid it makes them look to people reading their stuff?

:welcome: You'll fit right in! :cheers:

Don't check your brain at the door! :laugh2:

11. StingyCH

..and i'm coming to US in september lol...by the way..if you want to leave your Les Paul Custom at my house while you're here...she's welcome :laugh2:

it's like a pestilence..we have a couple of websites here..counterpart of "Craiglist"..if you read on there, after 5 minutes your eyes start to bleed, hairs are growing on your body and you start to howl at the moon...:laugh2:

12. DarrellV

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:band:

:beer: