Great War Movie! For any history buffs out there

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Sct13, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

The Danes can make a good war movie! Well....after the war movie....

I enjoyed this one.

Sorry.....they Pulled the movie! what a terrible thing!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  2. LtDave32

LtDave32 Sua Sponte Super Mod Premium Member

I find WWII movies from the German perspective fascinating.

Will watch.

Sct13 and Caleb like this.
  3. Guitarhack

Guitarhack Senior Member

Excellent film, thanks for the post.

4. Lampens

Lampens Senior Member

I this movie about german pow's being used for mine clearing after the war? I've read something about a movie about that.

5. Fattyfrisco

Fattyfrisco Senior Member

Sct13 likes this.
  6. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

Foreign war films give a completely different perspective than what we (in the US and Canada et.al) may have seen in recent and past war films.

This one puts the danger of a land mine right in your face for nearly the entire film. Then you slowly get the sense of just how young these kids are....and you think ....Holy Svit...these kids had NOTHING to do with the Reich, they were scooped up by the Wehrmacht in the dying days and tossed into battle....they are almost innocent of any war crime except wearing the uniform...(I saw one Afrika Korps uniform which is just wrong for his age group)...

But the director crafts this film with an almost seamless transition from fighting men to cub scouts....then places them serious harms way ...(which is criminal) But we are constantly reminded of their association with Germany....its when the director strips back the uniforms and shows a human side. You struggle with the fact they are the enemy but they are really just children.......and suddenly the Sargent inadvertently becomes the caregiver / Scout Master if you will. He becomes sympathetic and almost fatherly .......Then BANG ! N00000....NOT the fking Dog!!!!! :wow::facepalm:

If a movie stays with me for a day or so....then I thought it to be well done....BRAVO

7. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

Another one that is Foreign and should be one of the best anti war films is "The Cuckoo"

Three different languages, Finnish, Lapp, and Russian....non of the characters know what each other is saying ....and its all a huge misunderstanding ....until she gets horny
    ....then they all get it! Then jealousy and tragedy and the war.....it goes into a bit Lapp Spiritualism....

I watched a couple of times

If you can find it .....

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...d=0ahUKEwjL4v7e5NnWAhUqwYMKHTP2CCgQ_B0IjAEwDA

8. Sct13

Sct13 Premium Member

Fattyfrisco likes this.