Got an Ibanez Iceman? Post your pix!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by diceman, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Gibson_Ed

Gibson_Ed Senior Member

2. helltone

helltone Senior Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  3. Gibson_Ed

Gibson_Ed Senior Member

She's a beauty!

4. Gibson_Ed

Gibson_Ed Senior Member

I'm really starting to get an itch for one of those new IC520 models... I'd like to find one in a music store locally though, so I can play it first before I buy it.

5. shandi777

shandi777 Junior Member

I am a lucky man!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  6. SirJackdeFuzz

SirJackdeFuzz Senior Member

[​IMG]

The 1st image i posted is no longer 'working' :hmm:

7. Royal Crimson

Royal Crimson Senior Member

Beauty!!!
    One of those is on my bucket list.

8. wayupinyou

wayupinyou Senior Member

Here is my 1978 Iceman. Not too many were made. I think only like 50 or so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Hidden_Income

Hidden_Income Premium Member

my IC400. Gave her the treatment with the PS kit and the vintage sure grip knobs.

Lots or people are not too impressed with the AH1 and 2 pups, but this thing sings through my Vox. I have never even thought about messing with them. Her name is Jet.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Parasite68

Parasite68 Senior Member

That's my PS-10 custom next to the Ps-1800cm washburn.

Just today I went and gave myself a present... I preordered the new Ibanez PS-120! NGD coming in May! Not sure what the differences are between the two but I'll soon find out! :)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  11. red_bull

red_bull Senior Member

Picked this up about a month ago. 1992 PS10R, this is the MIJ sold to the Japanese market (this run also had a slightly different model of 200 sold to US.)

Huge fan of Iceman, my collection wasn't complete without one. Other than an intact 78', this model would be my top choice because I prefer silver to gold accented 95's. The pups weren't original (SD 59' neck, unknown Gibby bridge). But I've managed to source the original V1/V2's, and will have them installed soon.

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  12. Hidden_Income

totally gorgeous! Absolutely agree with a collection not being complete without one. Rock on!

13. warmachine

warmachine Senior Member

Can anyone recommend a vintage Iceman that has a neck profile akin to the current Chinese made IC500?

I have handled an early 2000's Korean IC400 and that neck was to thin for my tastes, also same goes for the IC700 they made a few years back.

Thanks for any advice

14. Serial

Serial Senior Member

Love my '79, I just never get to play it enough since I gig my Firebirds and my SG pretty much exclusively. First world problems having too many guitars, right?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  15. red_bull

red_bull Senior Member

Beyond looks, PS10 was way ahead of it's time for a late 70's guitar. Thinner neck, flatter radius, extra jumbo frets, thin body, lighter weight, comfortable heal joint, naturally compressed sound, one tone/2 volume conrols, etc ... just really an incredible instrument. Ive owned many guitars from most of the legendary houses (Gibson, Fender, PRS, Suhr, etc), and IMHO PS10 is the best guitar ever made. Joy to play and look at.

1 person likes this.
  16. helltone

helltone Senior Member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. Ermghoti

Ermghoti Senior Member

Aw, man. My brother and I rehabbed a beat IC50 in the early 90s to replace the Kramer Focus he lost in one of Massachusetts' first carjackings (they didn't even have a name for the crime yet). It was in Daddy's Junky Music in Danvers, it was what I just learned is an extraordinarily rare grey color, and even as it hung, ignored for months, it played very well. However, it was a little dinged up, neither of us appreciated the painted neck, and the output jack was clinging to a fender washer, as it had been ripped clean out at some point.

I stripped iot to bare wood, had a good laugh at the fact that it was laminated up from 1" strips of what smelled like pine (probably poplar, in retrospect) oiled the neck, and tried to repair the chip on the end of the back face of the headstock, but the lacquer I used was heartily rejected by the urethane finish, so after peeling back the chip a half inch trying to blend it, I admitted defeat.

My uncle and I repaired the body; using a table saw, he milled a nice, square trench the length of the body, through the exploded jack hole, and I inlaid a strip of nondescript wood, then planed and sanded it level with the top and front and back radii. I put a Fender style jack on the butt below the strap button, so the cord jutted out right where you would give it a wrap around the strap to keep it from getting yanked, which I later found out how Jems are equipped.

Using the finest Testor's Enamel, I painted a creditable image of Chester Cheetah, holding Hetfield's "FREE BEER" Explorer, in front of an improbable pedalboard that included a black Princess phone. The guitar was randomly decorated with tiny orange sausages, which represented Cheetos, which in turn were a running gag too complicated to be funny to anyone but he and I. Wired up with a EMG 81/85 set, and set up by myself, it rocked far above its weight class.

Then one day, he left it in the back of his car in the Boston parking garage where he worked, and returned to find his rear window shattered, and the guitar long gone. RIP, Pine Antichrist.

18. HCRoadie

HCRoadie Senior Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. Hidden_Income

nice HRG - and looks like it is getting some play :dude:

1 person likes this.
  20. HCRoadie

HCRoadie Senior Member

I play it a bit:naughty: