Good Electronic Parts Source?

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by PoorMan, Aug 11, 2017.

1. PoorMan

PoorMan Senior Member

Been out of the guitar thing for quite a while now. Going to fix up an Edwards LP.

I used to get my electronic parts from Acme guitarworks. It appears they are not longer in business. What's a good place to score tight tolerance caps, pots, switches etc for a Les Paul these days?

Thanks!
    Dave

2. Mustard Caps

Mustard Caps Senior Member

Check out Chris at Vintage Relic. Great Customer Service, and he will go out of his way to help you.
    Hes putting a Fiesta Red finish on my Musikraft 1 piece super lightweight Strat Body/Partscaster.

He, and his buddies also made me a 59 Burst 3 years ago that was the best LP type guitar Ive ever played. I like it now more than ever.

But Chris will test and match very pot/cap. You can tell him James whos Strat body hes finishing, recommended you come to him. Hes really a nice guy. On the line of Tommy, at USA Custom Guitars.

RS Guitarworks in Winchester Ky, also has good stuff, but Id go with Chris first.

Home | Vintage RelicGuitar relic'ing aging, aged guitar ...
    vintagerelic.com

3. moreles

moreles Senior Member

Good question. Unfortunately, I have found that I need to shop several online shops, plus eBay, to secure the specific versions of pretty common components and parts. Get those 250K audio pots here... the 500K vintage tapers there... caps here, resistors there. Even the big suppliers, such as Muser and Small Bear, are incredible pains in the butt, IMO, when it comes to locating and ordering parts because their websites (unless they've improved since I last logged off in frustration) are no fun at all.

4. tzd

tzd Senior Member

I get mine from WD Music. I'd wait till Labor Day; last year they gave 25% off on Labor Day.